Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default A do Over!??! Week 51 Something new!?!?

Okay-okay! I AGAIN apologize for the totally ridiculous length of my absence. BUT...I am back. And we are settled in our new home (mostly. Ok, settled might be taking it a little too far. I am trying. Ha) Anyway, the giveaway is back and we are ready to give away a BRAND NEW Pure charm pack, by Sweetwater. I know, I know...the fabric is adorable, right?!?!

All I need from you is: Your best get healthy- lose weight-feel better-move more- eat less tip.
    Yup, that's it. Just a healthy tip. What gets you motivated or keeps you motivated on your pursuit to better health?

Ahhhh, ladies and gents, I have missed you so! And I really need some motivation.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: A do Over!??! Week 51 Something new!?!?

I eat a lot of yogurt, and spend time in the pool doing Aqua-size, it really works. You move and excersize and burn up those calories and get thinner. I have lost 43 pounds! And the best part is you don't feel like you're working out. That is, until you get out of the pool, and then gravity takes over.lol Then you feel it. But it's all for the good. Eat less, eat healthy, and excersize. That is the way you lose weight!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A do Over!??! Week 51 Something new!?!?

We have been trying to make a life change over at our house. The biggest thing that has made me feel better is NO processed foods. None. I am surprised how much more full you feel when you eat a nice variety of fresh produce and a variety of nuts, etc for snacks.

I don't get alot of exercise, but the baby and I take a nice walk every day.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to lose 30# and down 20 since Jan. I've been cutting out hidden sugars in most of the "healthy" food I was eating. I allow myself 9 grams of sugar per day, cut out anything that says DIET on the label, and trying to walk on my tread mill every night. Watching the "fake sugar" on the food labels..and weight has been coming off. Going thru a stressful time right now so weightloss is secondary for me, but still watching what I eat.

Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderation and the garden. Right now all kinds of fresh vegetables are out. I've lost 8 lbs just by eating out of the garden. A slice of tomatoe ..cucumbers..melon. I also make jello alot. Another easy thing is Kashi..I dont want to feel like im eating wood but I do love their breakfast cereals. I adore the Toasted Berry Crumble and add it to what im eating for example yogurt or just a few bites dry does the trick for me And your website haha....when i want to snack and cant fight the craving I turn on one of your tutorials and take notes LOL
    Laura

Shiny Thimble

Santa Rosa, CA but my heart belongs on the East Coast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it really boils down to simple math: Calories in has to be less than calories out. Cutting 10% of your caloric intake or increasing your calorie burn by 10% can yield some pretty favorable results without so much effort. I personally cut most of the calorie dense food out of my diet - fat. I've switched to low-fat or non-fat everything that is available. Huge calorie savings just by modifying your grocery shopping. A lot of people say that fat-free doesn't taste the same, blah, blah, blah. You're right, it doesn't. But after a few days, you don't even remember what the other stuff tasted like and you're on your way to lower fat consumption.

I don't believe in deprivation dieting, so I eat a little bit of everything if that's what I want. I'll eat a few french fries instead of the whole portion. Little minis of chocolate instead of the whole bar. A very small slice of pizza instead of a few slices.

A suggestion I heard along the same lines of not depriving yourself of the things you like to eat is eat half of everything you normally would. Obviously if you were still hungry you'd have to supplement with low-calorie dense foods, but the theory works.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Karen U; July 23rd, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I started substituting my regular lunch or dinner every day for a big salad with some protein, usually tuna. I've lost about 5 lbs. so far. As far as exercise goes, it's just too hot too think about! Ask me in October.

I just got a Pure charm pack in the mail yesterday, but I'd sure take another one!! Love it!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I like to park far from the entrance to get some extra steps in. I also like taking the stairs. Sometimes it's faster to take the stairs than it is to wait for the elevator to take you to your destination!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are back! I drink lots of water to keep me full and hydrated. I've put one of my dogs on a diet and noticed he drinks more now. LOL Looking at your site with all the pretty fabrics gets me up and doing. Love your videos!

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Wow you stumped me here! I guess, I have limited my caffeine intake, increased my water consumption and as said in a posting above, park far away from where ever I am going to take extra steps! So glad to have you back. We have missed you too!