Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brother verses Singer

I have been wanting an embroidery machine for a long time. I have been a Singer gal for years. This is what I learned on and have stuck with it for all my sewing needs. Heres my problem that I was hoping for some feed back. I have read several reviews on Singer and almost all were not good. When I read the brother reviews, not a single bad one. SO i was just wondering if I can get some opions from you all if you have them. Any comment would be helpful in my decision making. Thanks all and have a blessed night, Paula

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Brother verses Singer

If you are looking for an embroidery machine I would got with Babylock. I am a die hard brother fan...I own 2 of them...but for an embroidery machine..I say Babylock all the way.
    Michele

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Brother Innovis 2500D I am trying to sell! This machine has done fine for embroidery. I did have an issue sewing denim and going thru layers of denim. They had to send away to Japan for a part. It's been fine since, BUT I don't recommend sewing thick items too much (still not a problem with embroidery).

I just never use the embroidery. I want a Janome Horizon.

I have the machine, the Pes design software (cost me 800), and a ton of designs. PM if you are interested.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Brother embroidery machine. It's a work horse. My girlfriend has a phaff machine and it works great too. She can do much more with hers than I can do with mine. For now the Brother does fine for me now though. Hugs, Jan

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies for your comments. This gives me somethings to think about. Aslo some things to look up.