Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Talking From Strawberry Town

Hey All, I am new 2 qewilting and just to give you a tidbit on why I spell it that, my momma told me that "True Quilting" is done by hand, not machine. So the word Qewilting is my combination of 2 words sewing and quilting. The more and more I learn, the more and more I have respect for the craft. I have 2 teenage boys and they are into thier friends, games and activites so this is truly something that has been a peaceful past time of mine lately and I wish I would have started sooner. Who knew FABRIC was so fun :-)

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: From Strawberry Town

Sounds like you're having quite a happy time there in Strawberry town! I'm guessing that since you do "qewilting" that that means you don't do it all by hand? I admit I don't! But I love it anyway and making something beautiful with these fabrics always makes me happy! Welcome to the forum!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quilting or qewilting is fun and a great creative outlet....glad you found it. I think there is room in the quilting world for all kinds of quilts, no matter what color, style, pattern, etc. Welcome

Happy Sewing,
    Rae

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!! I have friends who think that quilting is only by hand or only by machine...I say that however you get that quilt together - that's quilting!!!
    Michele

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from another Newbie. Your mother was a very wise woman! Thanks for sharing
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com