Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denison, Texas
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Venting/Griping/Whining, I Think?

    [QUOTE=hillbilly;7532]
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
    KELLY! I am SO glad to hear from a kindred-spirit who is not only having the same probs but also has a Brother! LMBO!

    My prob w/the machine part is that it shakes violently when I go at a medium-fast speed (forGET going fast, that's even worse!) then the thing starts jumping around which makes the stitches spread apart and miss their mark and my rounded stipples are pointed and jagged, so I know it's not ALL me! ROFLOL! This is too funny! I've practiced at various stores on machines that run smooth as glass, no jumping and banging around and guess what? My quilting comes out BEAUTIFULLY! I actually CAN do the FMQ part, OMG! LOL!

    I have a Brother, and although I used to love them, my newest has caused me some problems. And it is a big expensive Brother! BUT...one thing I did learn, your TABLE has alot to do with it as well. Is it a heavy sturdy table, or does it 'wiggle' easily?
    OH NO!!! I'd be so frustrated mad b/c that's a LOT to spend and then have the machine go all wrong on you, Hill! Hope you get ti resolved or get your money back?! Nah, table is REALLY good, solid oak 6-seater w/2 leaves in it, couldn't move that thing if you WANTED to! LOL! So, when I get a "good" machine then we'll know how much of it is ME that needs more work/practice!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

    Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

  2. #12
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cameron, MO
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Venting/Griping/Whining, I Think?

    [QUOTE=RockyMountainHorseMama;7537]
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post

    OH NO!!! I'd be so frustrated mad b/c that's a LOT to spend and then have the machine go all wrong on you, Hill! Hope you get ti resolved or get your money back?!
    It's two years old, and I'm stuck with it. It has had several issues, but we get by

  3. #13
    Quilting Royalty

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Venting/Griping/Whining, I Think?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
    YAY! Thanks Kelly, I will! lol! You know what happend? I found a used Bernina at the Sewing Machine Repair shop, someone abandoned it so it was for sale, $150 and it costs like $800+ brand new, it's only a year old, anyways, I didn't buy it right then coz didn't want to buy the first thing I came across ... should have done b/c what happened when I went back? Yes, it was GONE! *slaps forehead* *DOH! Oh MAN! I can't wait to see your mom's quilt when it's redone, how precious that memory is! I have one that I'm going to have to de-thread too, ugh ... b/c the quilting is so terrible the rounded corners are jagged from the goofy machine jumping around OMG! LMBO!

    So, off to shop for another good, used one and I can't wait til Christmas now to see your mom's quilt!
    I would cry if I found a good buy like that and it was gone, but that would probably happen to me to ! I don't blame you for holding off ! I think you will find something even better ! I'm definitely the black sheep in my family when it comes to all of this (sewing, quilting, fabric hoarding lol ) ! Both of my grandma's sewed, quilted, crocheted, but my mom doesn't... only 1 aunt who is married to my mom's brother ! It is the best thing in the world, well, other than starbucks, to me to be able to walk into the fabric store and just look at fabric and yes.... buy some !lol My dad always tell me to just go buy a quilt when I'm making one, but I love making them... making them is more special and I like to see the look on peoples faces when they see their quilt ! I'm trying to get my nephew's new wife to allow me to teach her to crochet, since she doesn't have a machine, so she can help me make a few small blankets for the elderly people who live in nursing homes or private residences who are alone at christmas ! Everyone deserves to feel loved and cared for, especially during the holidays ! Hopefully my plan will work out ! I'm really excited about it ! Sorry to ramble... just had to get that off my chest ! lol Hope you find a good machine... I'm hoping to find something a little better myself after I get back to work ! good luck !
    Last edited by kelandspence; July 13th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

  4. #14
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denison, Texas
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Venting/Griping/Whining, I Think?

    [QUOTE=hillbilly;7540]
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post

    It's two years old, and I'm stuck with it. It has had several issues, but we get by
    Oh wow, hillbilly, that's sad. Is the warranty up?
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

    Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

  5. #15
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denison, Texas
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Venting/Griping/Whining, I Think?

    Quote Originally Posted by kelandspence View Post
    I would cry if I found a good buy like that and it was gone, but that would probably happen to me to ! I don't blame you for holding off ! I think you will find something even better ! I'm definitely the black sheep in my family when it comes to all of this (sewing, quilting, fabric hoarding lol ) ! Both of my grandma's sewed, quilted, crocheted, but my mom doesn't... only 1 aunt who is married to my mom's brother ! It is the best thing in the world, well, other than starbucks, to me to be able to walk into the fabric store and just look at fabric and yes.... buy some !lol My dad always tell me to just go buy a quilt when I'm making one, but I love making them... making them is more special and I like to see the look on peoples faces when they see their quilt ! I'm trying to get my nephew's new wife to allow me to teach her to crochet, since she doesn't have a machine, so she can help me make a few small blankets for the elderly people who live in nursing homes or private residences who are alone at christmas ! Everyone deserves to feel loved and cared for, especially during the holidays ! Hopefully my plan will work out ! I'm really excited about it ! Sorry to ramble... just had to get that off my chest ! lol Hope you find a good machine... I'm hoping to find something a little better myself after I get back to work ! good luck !
    LOL! Kelly, I'm used to it so don't cry ... anymore LOL! My mother was a seamstress and my paternal grandmother quilted but was a cook for a living. Luckily, my dad really appreciates hand made work, I'd definitely CRY if he said that to me! LOL! I used to crochet but these fingers are just not doing that anymore. Like you, I love "the process" of making the quilt and the challenge of getting to the end result.

    What a WONDERFUL plan, I LOVE it! How compassionate, benevolent and magnanimous of you! Surely, you reap the rewards of such a loving heart! *HUGS* and Alohas and can't wait to see more of your work!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

    Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

  6. #16
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cameron, MO
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Venting/Griping/Whining, I Think?

    [QUOTE=RockyMountainHorseMama;7561]
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post

    Oh wow, hillbilly, that's sad. Is the warranty up?
    Yes, but I am quite thankful that it's worse moment was while still under warranty. It spent 3 months in the shop. I never sew denim on it now. While it was in the sewing machine hospital I went and bought a heavy duty singer that I call my "jeans machine". It takes my brother feet, so it does the hard work...and cost about $3000 less. But it doesnt do embroidery which is why the brother cost so much.

    I tried to sell it, but got no takers.

  7. #17
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denison, Texas
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Venting/Griping/Whining, I Think?

    [QUOTE=hillbilly;7567]
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post

    Yes, but I am quite thankful that it's worse moment was while still under warranty. It spent 3 months in the shop. I never sew denim on it now. While it was in the sewing machine hospital I went and bought a heavy duty singer that I call my "jeans machine". It takes my brother feet, so it does the hard work...and cost about $3000 less. But it doesnt do embroidery which is why the brother cost so much.

    I tried to sell it, but got no takers.
    Oh DANG! NOT good! Glad you got the worst part fixed while under warranty! Your experience makes me surely not want to move up the Brother ladder for sure! SHeESH! Well, too bad you're so far away coz I might be interested in that other machine Can you imagine the shipping on that thing?! WHOA!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

    Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •