Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! Quilting bee problem...

I am in a few quilting bees and I want to make quilts for my boys with the blocks from my month. for the older one I'm doing airlplane blocks...simple enough...for the younger one I'm thinking spaceships or robots...but I can't find a pattern for either!!

So your mission should you choose to accept it is to find a pattern for a spaceship or a robot 12" block that I could reproduce the pattern or send a link to the participants of the bee.....

Thanks so much!!!
    Michele

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! Quilting bee problem...

This block looks kind of robot like and if you doubled the size of the templates it would be 12"

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/OklahomaBoomerBlock.html
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

ohhhh good find!! I'll have to experiment with that one..

anyone else have any ideas?
    Michele

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shell.scraps View Post
    I am in a few quilting bees and I want to make quilts for my boys with the blocks from my month. for the older one I'm doing airlplane blocks...simple enough...for the younger one I'm thinking spaceships or robots...but I can't find a pattern for either!!

So your mission should you choose to accept it is to find a pattern for a spaceship or a robot 12" block that I could reproduce the pattern or send a link to the participants of the bee.....

Thanks so much!!!
    Are you looking for a block or a full quilt design, like applique ? I remember seeing one in a quilting magazine but I think it was applique... there is a block online that is called a rocket ship block but I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for.... let me know but I'll keep looking ! I'm also going to the library tomorrow and that is where I saw the pattern for the spaceship so I'll look for it ! If that is not what you are looking for then let me know !

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for anything that I can reproduce and send out to 11 other people to make blocks for me....the technique doesn't matter...applique, pieced, foundation...whatever we send out is what people will do....

thanks for the help!!
    Michele

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shell.scraps View Post
    I'm looking for anything that I can reproduce and send out to 11 other people to make blocks for me....the technique doesn't matter...applique, pieced, foundation...whatever we send out is what people will do....

thanks for the help!!
    so sorry that I didn't make it to the library today... it was so hot, but I am going in the morning.... I will look through some of the magazines... if I can find it in the magazine, it should be on their website ! I will definitely look at let you know !

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! I really appreciate it!
    Michele

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you've ever done paper piecing, but I would suggest you "google" paper piecing patterns and see what pops up. I came up with some darling patterns for a train, ballet dancer, and little girl. I bet you'll find something.

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

here's a link to a pillow by Kelly from Don't look now. It's a free online tutorial that I've wanted to do something with for a long time. The pillow is an 18 x 18 background piece but you could direct your ladies here and say here are your shape patterns you choose how to put them together in a 12" block all planets just the rocket or some of both they're great shapes and would make a really fun quilt! http://dontlooknow.typepad.com/dont_...-tutorial.html
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelandspence View Post
    so sorry that I didn't make it to the library today... it was so hot, but I am going in the morning.... I will look through some of the magazines... if I can find it in the magazine, it should be on their website ! I will definitely look at let you know !
    I went to the library today but didn't find the magazine that I saw the rocket quilt block in. Sorry, I also looked online but couldn't find anything... I will keep looking for you !