Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: New Member

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member

I'm Gingerella, live in Washington state, near Portland, OR. I'm an old hand at making quilt tops, but a newbie at quilting. I just recently got a quilting frame and a Jewel quilter. I also got a software product to use ... but it's hard. My husband who is a computer guy has been helping me learn.

I've done lots of quilting on my Janome 11000, and that's what got me to thinking I'd love to have a REAL quilter.

I take my small Janome Gem with us when we go out of town in our RV. My husband flies remote controlled glider planes, and we go to competitions a couple of weekends a month.

The tutorials on this site are just fantastic and I can't get enough of them. Hope to learn more and more, as I use the site and get to know all the other users. Thanks so much for all your help ...

Oh, by the way, I just love to see that there are several Australia viistors/members. We used to live in Australia, in Wangaratta in Victoria. Love Australia.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Member

What frame did you get? I have been trying to sell my embroidery/sewing combo...downsize for a while, then try to get the money together for a longarm.

My local dealer (which is a Janome dealer) sells a Tin Lizzie 18 on a Grace frame for $6000. I haven't looked into any other machines.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    What frame did you get? I have been trying to sell my embroidery/sewing combo...downsize for a while, then try to get the money together for a longarm.

My local dealer (which is a Janome dealer) sells a Tin Lizzie 18 on a Grace frame for $6000. I haven't looked into any other machines.
    Loved your blog and your DH's too. Thanks. Hugs, Jan

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janluna View Post
    Loved your blog and your DH's too. Thanks. Hugs, Jan
    Oh, thank you so much!! My DH will be so happy that someone read his!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    Oh, thank you so much!! My DH will be so happy that someone read his!
    What he writes is true.