Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/4" seam guide

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1/4" seam guide

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    Shirley, please let us know how it works out....Thanks!
    Will do
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried the 1/4" sesam tape I use it just at the very beginning to make sure I am doing it correctly. Do you have a 1/4 foot also works well. Mahalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis View Post
    I just came across this video on YouTube then went to the site. This little gadget looks like a great tool for finding not only a 1/4" seam, but other widths as well. It really affordable too. Anybody have it?

http://www.sewbuddy.com/
    Hawaiigrammi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used this but I watched the video and looks like it works pretty well. My Horizon 7700 came with a clothguide that I use most of the time.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaSandy View Post
    Have you tried the 1/4" sesam tape I use it just at the very beginning to make sure I am doing it correctly. Do you have a 1/4 foot also works well. Mahalo
    I've never tried the tape or heard of it. Where do you get it? I have a 1/4" seam guide. I've tried many of them; with the edge guide and without. I've looked forever for one without the edge guide for my Janome and it took a long time as the Janome feet are attached off centrered on the ankle. Reason for wanting a foot without the edge guide is I sew at fast speeds and often can't remove pins quick enough and find my pins get caught up on the guide. I eventually removed the guide and use the markings on my cover plate. I find it more accurate.

I never thought of the magnet that the sewbuddy uses. Can someone give them a call maybe to find out how it would affect an electronic or computerized machine?

The folks at SewBuddy don't ship to Canada at the moment so I may have to wait until they do to get one.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm visually impaired and find the painters tape trick the best for my needs.. I am just amazed at all the "gadgets" one can use/buy to get just one little seam correct. Yes, It is an important part of having a great quilt come together properly.

Sew buddy dot com has lots of goodies to check out.. so have fun ladies. And let us know how this one works out for you..

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered it too. I've used these two seam guides and like the Dritz from Joanns best. They are a little thicker and last longer. The other ones are thinner so I had to use two one on top of the other and they don't last. I had the Dritz on my machine and had to remove them to quilt my son's quilt. The sew buddy would make it easy to remove when I need to quilt. I do have to say that since I started using them my seams are perfect. I actually measure them as I go along.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seam guides.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	19349  
    Happy Quilting
    Evelyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly can't get it in Canada...this would be handy to have

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered one. Thanks for the heads up. I want to see if it works for me. I like that you can change the seam allowance and remove it easily.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I'm going to be able to use it on my Brother because part of the plate is plastic. My daughter put her Kenmore out in my building last night so I might start using that and it's all mechanical so don't have to worry that I'll damage it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Sew Buddy today.....have it on the Brother but don't know if I'm going to keep it there because of the electronics. I don't think the magnet is strong enough to cause any damage but don't know if I want to find out. I did some research on the magnets and couldn't find much - most of it was about the MagnaHoop and that has magnets (but not strong enough to damage machines).

As far as sewing a 1/4" seam - works great - perfect 1/4".