Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy My mom's passing

This is a note to all of you out there who wrote me and told me they were sending up prayers for my mom and me. Thank you so much for being there for mom and me and my sisters too. My mom passed away Easter evening at about 8pm central time. On the up side she is now with Jesus and sent us a new baby boy for my niece, Melissa. This is her first baby. So the Lord may take away but He gives, too. Baby Miller has no name yet, what is Melissa thinking about for those 9 months. She knew what she was having but wouldn't tell anyone else for a long time.
    Again, thank you and God bless you abundantly as you don't know me or my family members.
    Peace and blessings,
    Vicki

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My mom's passing

I'm sorry for your loss, Vicki.
    Losing your mom isn't easy, even when you know it's coming. Mine died in 2000 and I still miss her, but it doesn't hurt like it did. Hang in there, it does get easier with time.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. You have my deepest sympathy. So glad for the new baby, a loss but a new life on Easter Sunday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Vicki. I too have lost my mother in 2003. I miss her everyday and I always tell her good morning as her picture is on my dresser along with one of my daddy who I lost a year and a half ago. As Karen says it does get easier with time. Peace and blessings be with you.
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Vicki, Been thinking of you - so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My sympathy and prayers are with you. Love, Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My sympathy and prayers to you Vicky with your loss of your Mom. I too loss my Mom in 1999 and miss her every day. It does become easier and the memories of good times out way the bad. Your Mom is with God without pain and He's blessed your family with a wonderful new baby. What joy he will bring. Now what name will he have?

Hugs, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Vicki, I'm so sorry about your mom. I pray comfort for you and your family. I know how hard it is--my mom passed just before Christmas this past year. Sometimes I get up in the morning and think about her being gone. It doesn't seem real. I get heavy hearted, but then give thanks that she is no longer suffering, and her mind is whole again. May God give your strength in the upcoming days.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear about your mother passing, my prayers are with your family.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. To lose a soul and gain another at the same time is certainly emotional. Congratulations on the new baby.
    If you can't see it from 50 yards away on a galloping horse, it doesn't matter.

Follow my quilting adventures at Quilting Foote

Come join all the fun in our Farmer's Granddaughter Quilt Along!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. (I totally ripped this off from S)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. With time I hope the pain will ease and you'l be able to embrace just the good memories of her.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards