Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paducah Quilt Show

Is anyone planning on going to the Paducah quilt show? It is within a half-day's drive for me, I can't go for the full 4 days, but would love to get one big fat full day in of looking, shopping and gathering information. Is this a good show to go to? Do they have vendors for long arm machines at these shows, or it mostly display of quilts? It would be my first quilt show to attend, so I don't know what to expect.

I'm shopping long arms, so that is my main reason to go.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Paducah Quilt Show

can i come?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hop a plane, and I'll see you there!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to go sometime, but can't this year. It's a good half-day drive for me too. Here's a link where you can get more info about the show.... http://www.paducah.travel/quilting/aqs-quilt-show/
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Paducah Quilt Show

Jean I am going again this year with my friend Shelley (Sewsumi on these boards). We are taking a bus tour from a local quilt shop here in St. Louis on Wed April 25th the first day of the show. We should arrive around 10am and have to catch the bus back home by 6pm. Last year was my first trip to Paducah and I got to meet Rhonda (RFREE) from our forums here! The show was a little frustrating last year due to the floods in Paducah. Everything was split between 4-5 different locations and we spent more time on the shuttlebus than we did at the show. But this year everything should all be under one roof at the convention center.

YES they do have Longarm vendors! Sewing machine, serger and embroidery machine vendors too! Lots of neat stuff to look at or shop for in addition to viewing all the marvelous quilts! We would be happy to meet up with you if you happen to come on that Wed the 25th. Just let me know and we can trade cell phone numbers so we will know how to find each other!
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I will make contact with you if I can find lodging. I can't go on the bus because I can't leave until Thursday at noon. Looks like many of the hotels are booked, and want you to stay 4 nights. I have some things to work out before committing to go.

7. Thanks arnold thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Paducah Quilt Show

Jean we tried finding lodging last year and they sold out for 50 miles outside Paducah really early, like months before the show. You are right most places want you to stay for minimum 3-4 days. We decided the one day bus trip worked better for us, no worries about driving, cost of gas, finding parking etc. If you can't leave before Thursday I guess we won't see you since we will only be there on Wed from 10am to 6pm. Let me know though if your plans change and you can come Wed!
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jean...It's near impossible to find lodging this close to the show in Paducah. Been there and tried that! I so hope you can go, but you may have to stay elsewhere and drive in each day. Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Jean...It's near impossible to find lodging this close to the show in Paducah. Been there and tried that! I so hope you can go, but you may have to stay elsewhere and drive in each day. Barb
    Yes, I've put in a few calls to various places, I think I might find something in Metropolis IL. Most of the booking managers aren't in today, so I'll have to wait until Monday. I don't mind driving a little bit, or even halfway home, just don't think I can make it all the way home after a heavy day of shopping and looking, unless the adrenaline is running very high from what I've seen and DONE!! (Maybe bought something!)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I traveled to Paducah for work during the quilt show a few years ago and had to stay in Murray, about an hour away. The motel was full of quilters. It's a wonder my co-worker and I got rooms for one night since we made reservations on short notice.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

12. Thanks arnold thanked for this post