Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Monday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Monday

Happy Monday; a new day, a new week, new opportunities and oh so many possibilities. See how my mind works in spring?

I would've been here over the weekend - however, I am assuming that everyone on this hemisphere was deluged with rain. We had over 5 inches in less than 36 hours - down pours that left my basement flooded, I do declare all five inches were downstairs! We spent yesterday with the wet vac, de humidifier, brooms and mops. It was dry yesterday morning and then it was like a storm surge! We are high; it is something we go through now and then with a heavy rainfall. Last time we had water in the basement was about 2 years ago - I am sick at heart and let me tell you I am super sore this morning from all the wet stuff that had to be moved. We don't have "flood" insurance so time will tell how much I have lost. Sigh. Like I told my sis, that is one sure fire way of cleaning out the excess!

Off to find the coffee and muscle rub.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Monday

So sorry to hear about your flood. I have had flooded basements to deal with, and it is NOT FUN, especially when it happens in the middle of the night. You feel so helpless, YOU WANT to yell TURN IT OFF UP THERE, GOD, OK, PLEASE! Hope nothing was toally ruined, hope your fabric stash is safe! Try to have a god week as you dry out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie,

So sorry to hear about your water issues! I understand the frustration and mess of the whole thing....we have a "wet basement" in my old house that has caused us countless hours of mopping up and several dehumidifiers. I hope your sewing machine and fabrics are okay. I wish I was there to help you with the mess....

DH has an early morning doctor's appointment. We worked outdoors pretty much all weekend until dark last night. We got tons of leaves, clippings and mess burned. We were so pooped last fall that we didin't do our usual pre-winter clean-up and boy did we pay for it this weekend! We will try not to do that again!

This weekend our dogwoods popped into full bloom, as did the red tulips! The golden lillies are just about ready to bloom. We worked at the apartments Saturday and mowed the grass there....so I guess mowing season has officially begun for us.

My quilts have been at the LAQer for a full week now, but she was backed up about three weeks, so it will be a while before they are ready...can't wait! I have three more quilts to put borders on and get ready to take to her when I pick up the batch that's there now. Sooner or later I will get caught up.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday....Miss Molly is in desperate need of some attention and tummy rubs so I will check in with you later today. Hugs, Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; March 26th, 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all! I've had water in the basement a few times, but not the flooding that Blondie is dealing with. I hope everything can be saved. I keep a dehumidifier running down there year round to help with dampness.

I started working on tax records this weekend and made a fair dent in them. I procrastinate every year and the dreading is usually worse than the doing.

Wishing all a good start to the week!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Blondie!! I am so sorry about your flooded basement! I have had two flooded basements in the past 24 years in my home, and I am truly feeling your pain. You are so right that it is a blessing in disguise in cleaning out the unnecessary and excess. I sure hope your tired muscles give you a break.
    My weekend was lovely here in Chicago. Glorious weather and many tasks completed. I went to a bridal shower yesterday for which I had made a beautiful, springlike "Xs and Os" quilt in blue and yellow spring flowers. It was a spectacular hit. I was amazed at the kind comments and nearly everyone there took pictures of it. I am humbled and grateful for the encouragement.
    Hope everyone has a safe and lovely day. Joan

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, so sorry for all the work your flooded basement caused! We live in an old house and don't use the basement for much of anything these days besides laundry and the kitty box -- because it flooded several times and ruined things.
    Barb - working outside in the blooming yard sounds so relaxing! We did a bit of yard work, and came away pooped - but now my flower beds look much better. Pretty soon it will be rhubarb season in Iowa, yummm!

Blessings ladies,
    Lin

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, so sorry to hear about your flooding. We have had rain like that the last 2 weeks but we don't have basements in Aus. Our house is a 2 story that is completely open underneath. We did have enough rain to form a little river in the back yard and driveway, but it didn't cause too much damage, just moved some gravel and dirt.
    This morning was spent at the doctor. Riley had to have his 12 month immunizations and I had to have a check up and get a refferal to see an ob gyn for the rest of my pregnancy. Then we got some groceries on the way home, and Riley had a huge exhausted, overdue sleep for most of the afternoon. I should have taken advantage of that time, but ended up taking a nap instead.
    It's well past my bedtime now so I will see you all in the morning. Good night!
    Find my creations on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/tinabartondesigns

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, friends. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Blondie, sorry about your flooding. We had quite a lot of rain 'down the hill from you' in Winston-Salem. It hailed a bit here on Saturday afternoon as well. I have yard work to do, too, but probably not as much as you did, Barb! Had a good quilt class on Saturday with my sister. Yesterday was quite busy with church, bridal shower, Bible study group. Not a day of rest for sure! Gotta get up and outta here to a volunteer 'job' and then hope to get some day-to-day stuff done. Hope to get some sewing done. Have a great day, everyone!

Becki

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone.

Blondie sorry to hear about the flooding. I don't have a basement.

We had a lovely weekend. We spent Sat. afternoon and evening at friends. I am her matron of honor and was doing some planning. This will both their second marriages so nothing to elaborate.

When we got home yesterday, I had a hankering to get sewing. So I made myself ANOTHER thread catcher that is all mine. I also got the purse made for our dear Ruby in Hawaii. FINALLY!! A very productive weekend for me anyway.

Work and then an appointment at the bank today.

Have a wonderful week.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm up to my elbows in HST...making a quilt for DD#1 who will graduate nursing this MAY.. gosh where does the time go?? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stacksOhst.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	18068

Blondie, I hope nothing got ruined in that deluge of rain.. We didn't get very much up here in Ill. Just a nice steady Spring type rain that soaked in right away. Yes, we had a "wet" basement til the French Drain got put in around the house. There is a fairly large "holding tank" out front that fills then slowly drains away. You can tell where it is since that part of the yard is always the greenist..

Sending out hugs and prayers to all...