Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie too!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie too!

Sorry Tonya, didn't mean to hijack your thread! *blush* I can't wait for you to get to their store again, either!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

You definitely met Sarah and Natalie, both Jenny's daughters and my sisters! I'm Hillary also Jenny's daughter, but I live in Arkansas You'll catch me up there once every month or two, it's like disneyland it's the happiest place on earth, and where dreams come true pick your slogan it works and I want to be there! And no worries on hillbilly I thought it was fun and am only known by that in my mothers home and then only occasionally. It just made me laugh! I have other nicknames that follow me around various forums and online places. You'll often find me as bluelittleswede. Yes we all have a love of Swedish things. And that's why we're missing them right now!

I'm glad to meet you Hillbilly/Tonya/HBmamaG! I'ts great to have friends no matter what their names! If you lived in Arkansas I'd share my banana bread with you! Now that's a friend!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had more time to read these threads! I have been staying up late working on an order. Having a quilt business, with a 6 month old, and being over 40...well it just isn't easy!! I am worried about Christmas orders. I don't get sleep now, nor to I get to read all these great threads!

No problem hijacking. It's a thread...thread loves to be weaved in and out...just not broken.

I sorry to take your hillbilly name, Hillary. We can be the Hillibilly twins. Anyone that offers me banana bread is a sister to me! My husband is diabetic and loves bread of any kind, so we've had to be rid of all but a bit of wheat bread. I would love some banana bread, or zucchini, apple, pumpkin, cranberry orange, or a cookie...LOL.

Well, I've got to get some sleep it's 12:30 in my world and the baby is usually awake at 3 to eat and 5 for the day. Tomorrow I'll find a link to a fun quilt challenge and post it whereever it's supposed to go on the forum. I'll find that too when my eyes aren't so tired.

Honey Bun

Illinois, but moving to The Northwoods of WI.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    I too am jealous that you can just pop in1 I just purchased and received the binding tool, can not wait to use it! Jenny makes it "sew" easy to use, just like all her other tutorials, i dont think i will have any problem...Bought my first charm pack as well and I beleive I am hooked! These Moda's are beautiful! Better than any other charm packs I have seen and with the pinked edges, makes it easier to see the edges with my eyes!
    ( Have you sewn something today?)

Cindy R.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone I am a new quilter and I am so glad I found this site these tutorials have given me the courage to try new projects I have never even used a sewing machine before and I am now the proud owner or a new Jamone machine and a serger!! I have a list of things I want to try but my job gets in the way.....we dont have many nice quilt stores here if this one was in my town I would be broke and would never be home!! Take care everyone and happy quilting! Deb

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I finally got around to updating my profile. I've noticed a few of you have tried to check it out.

Also....my husband spent 2 hours with the chief of Hamilton's PD yesterday, so hopefully we will know next week if he got the job. Then let the fabric delivery commence!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Newbie too!

If I lived close by I would be in serious trouble, LOL. After awhile if they saw me coming they would rush to turn the closed sign around, lol. Welcome glad to see a newbie just like me. Have a blast, I know I am.