Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just to make you all jealous

I am so sorry that I have not hopped into the forums as much as I want; but I am so busy around here! (and I'm a blog fanatic, so computer time is spent reading to the over 300 that I suscribe to, or writing my own blogs).

Yesterday I got an order for a set of 4 placemats, and the customer was very specific on the type of print that she wanted. So, I looked at the Missouri Star's online selection hoping that they would have JUST THE THING..and they did!! So, I called the shop (now mind you it was 4:30 and the shop closes at 50), and Mr. RockStar Daddy (or whatever you all call him here on the forum) was so friendly that he had the fabric ready for me when I came and helped me find something to match it. Even though it was closing time! Well, actually another young man came out to help us find a good match as well. I asked him what his name is, because I told him that I would have to make everyone on the forum jealous, and he said he is known as "The good-looking young, single, computer guy." (or something to that affect, I am still new and learning all these names, you know).

Well, if that little tidbit doesn't tickle your jealous toe...then let me throw one other thing in. My hubby filled out an application to work part time for the Hamilton PD (and has a pretty good shot at getting the job); little does he know that means that all I need to do is call the shop, place my order, and have him be my pick up man! (The shop is in Hamilton).

Now are your jealous toes ticklin? LOL. Just kidding. Really this whole post was to say that Mr. Jenny (I didn't get his name) and Mr. Single Young(etc) are very friendly.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just to make you all jealous

Just to have the store near you - wish I was that close. Of course, having Mr. Jenny and the good-looking, single, computer guy would be a PLUS, I've heard their customer service is the BEST!

Hugs,

quilting trish
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very jealous. I have it on good authority that young single good-looking computer guy is a 6'6" gift from god.
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrchapman View Post
    I'm very jealous. I have it on good authority that young single good-looking computer guy is a 6'6" gift from god.
    I"m looking for an older, single good looking guy who knows how to pick fabric...don't suppose they have any of those? Eh???

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
    I"m looking for an older, single good looking guy who knows how to pick fabric...don't suppose they have any of those? Eh???
    Well, I'm thinking the only older guy that I met there (who did a great job picking fabric for me) belongs to Jenny.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Just to make you all jealous

Quote Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
    This is too funny!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    Well, I'm thinking the only older guy that I met there (who did a great job picking fabric for me) belongs to Jenny.
    OH MY...What if he minds that I called him an older guy??!! He was so nice and helpful I don't want to upset him!! Well, he's not much older...just older than the young single good-looking computer guy. (Did that fix it?)

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY...What if he minds that I called him an older guy??!! He was so nice and helpful I don't want to upset him!! Well, he's not much older...just older than the young single good-looking computer guy. (Did that fix it?)
    there may be no way to ever fix it...but I guess as long as we don't describe him as "older than dirt" he shouldn't be too put out.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually another young man came out to help us find a good match as well. I asked him what his name is, because I told him that I would have to make everyone on the forum jealous, and he said he is known as "The good-looking young, single, computer guy." (or something to that affect, I am still new and learning all these names, you know).
    So uh, I'm thinkin' that my trip across the border will have to be without my darling fiance'. lol

You are so lucky indeed to live so close. And to almost have a delivery man.. heaven. You can count me in as jealous.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

oh my, now that we are all so jealous of your living so close and having a delivery man with a really fast car and flashy light on top (heehee) to get your fabrics to you even faster, will you be joining the Floral block swap????? I'm sure the good looking computer guy will show you how!
    Last edited by pdjewelrylady; June 28th, 2010 at 10:25 PM.