• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Good Monday morning

Good morning friends. Up early as usual. Well I have to work today, my boss is really sick. I had other plans but heck, can't pass up a working day.

I had a busy Saturday and ended up doing a delivery (of parcels) for a doctor. This guy buys and buys and buys. The office was full of parcels. He made 2 trips himself on foot and the 3rd was made with the van. AND he filled the van to capacity to boot. In exchange, he gave me a $25 gift card. I also had lunch with a friend.

Well the big quilt if off the frame and ready to be bound. That was going to be my job today but it isn't going to happen today. Tomorrow is another day.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Nwmnteacher
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2014

Re: Good Monday morning

Good morning Monique and everyone,

For Pete's sake...I woke up at midnight, tossed and turned until 10, so finally got up. I sure don't know what that was all about. I had a busy day working at J's yesterday; I cut fabric all day. I had to stop at WalMart after work, so I didn't get home until almost 90, and I was in bed by 9:30. I guess I only need 2 1/2 hours of sleep for today. Weird.

Not sure what I'll get up to today. I suppose I'll tackle another cabinet in the kitchen, but I really want to get to the sewing room too. We'll see how the day goes. Have a great start to the week everyone!

Jeanne

Comment

• Cathy F
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Morning all,
      Up early today Monday is usually breakfast with friends so need to get this body limbered up and moving before going out.

Yesterday my 3 grandkids treated me to a painting event at a local studio. My granddaughter is a big Harry Potter fan and that was the paint theme for the afternoon. I must admit I didn't know anything about him prior to making her Harry Potter Christmas gift. Since then she lent me the books and I enjoyed reading them. So it was a great day doing this with them. They had a trivia quiz mixed in with the painting of a magical picture. My picture isn't going to win any awards but I did a decent job of it. There were 32 people there, who knew that many adults were into Harry Potter!

I got three more towels embroidered this week so it was a productive week in the sewing room. I've got two more reading pillows cut out now to find the embroideries for them and get them finished.

Don't see the sun this morning hopefully it will show it's face. Well time for me to get a move on. Wishing everyone a good day!
      Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Poor Gabby, yesterday the neighbors that have the tanks in dog bodies, sent another kink in Gabby's potty time. They have a beautiful parrot, and it spent the afternoon/ evening/ who know if they've taken it in, in it's cage on the back covered porch. Naturally, the noise produced by said bird had Gabby kind of jumpy, and extremely nosy at the holes in the fence. Basically, she went potty in the morning before church, and then again at almost 8 last night in the rain. Hopefully, today, there won't be any birds or dogs to distract her from her duties when she's outside.

I worked on my MIL's afghan yesterday, zig zagged the flannel and prewashed it and got it folded up and prepped for home school... which I'm still not sure if they're coming or not.

Dinner's going to be turkey breast with veggies tonight. I'm just going to stick it in the crock pot. Mike's off, so he's going to do his laundry. Hopefully, we can drop off our tax papers to H&R Block this morning.

Have a great day! I hope the sun is shining for you all.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ After church yest. a.m. I ran my several errands. Stopped at 3 groc. stores for needed items. Had a trunk full of groc. by the time I got home. DH helped unload the car, carry stuff inside, then put away items that get stored in the bsmt. I also took the car through the drive-thru car wash to get off the worst of the road film from the recent snow storms. They spray mag. chloride on the roads here.

This a.m. I'll be mixing up my batch of turkey patties. This afternoon from 1:30 to 4 is the Windows 10 computer class. Part 1 is today; the 2nd part is Wed. p.m.

Snow is predicted for tonight into tomorrow a.m. Maybe an inch. We'll see. The mts. have been getting a lot of snow.

Comment

• bhaggerty
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2012

Good Monday Morning!

Off to work soon! Looks like will be a busy day today - not sure if that is good or bad. More hectic, but the time passes by more quickly. DH says he will not be home until late since has a dinner out with customers. He asked what he should order because there will be a doggy bag for leftovers - of course I told him to order the NY strip steak, please.
            Finished quilting one quilt yesterday (Viva Veritas - made with Kate Spain Daydreams fabric) and need to bind it today. I need to be able to drop it off at the school for their raffle before Friday. Now, to get the other raffle quilt done (Storm at Sea) as it also needs to be quilted and bound before the end of the month!
            Kids out of school today as it is President's Day, so traffic should not be too heavy this am. Hope I did not jinx myself by saying that!
            Have a great Monday everyone!
            Happy Quilting!

Comment

• Ginny B
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Good morning. It's nice and sunny here now. I have the theme song from Sesame Street running through my head this morning.

I got to spend some time working on some log cabin blocks for the guest room quilt. I also spent a little time with my Featherweight. She's not stitching right. Not sure what the issue is so I am going to give her some TLC today and see if I can get her back to her wonderful self again.

Our furry houseguest is supposed to head home today. He's been a pretty good boy for the week he has been here.

Hubby is doing ok with wearing that heart monitor. We had to change the battery once so far and it was easy.

That's all that is going on in this neck of the woods. Since we don't have Henry all week because of winter break (Joe is a teacher and he is off too) we are going to see what project we might want to work on and also what fun thing we might want to do.

Have a good Monday everyone.
              Ginny B
              Levittown, NY

Comment

• TMP
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2014

Good Morning Everyone,

Kaylee is still here with me and feeling better . She will be out of school today and tomorrow for the holiday. We haven't done a thing during her break because she felt so bad. I hope she is feeling better and we can go out some today. I am in need of IHOP pancakes. Pancakes are the one thing I just can not make. I have tried and tried for the last 40+ years. She hasn't eaten much since Friday except for popsicles and chicken soup from Costco.

I have fed and let Sandy out and now she is laying on her bed wrapped up in her blankie and swear this dog is snoring. So spoiled.

Have a great day!
                Teresa
                Teresa
                Pelham, Alabama
                War Eagle!!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2015

Good morning all,

It's a beautiful sunny day. Enjoying my second cup of coffee, which I get to put down on side table our neighbour made. I have those ceramic quilt block coasters, which look like they were made for each other.

Today is Family Day in our province, but DD & hubby work for fed govt, so dont get this day off. DH took day off to care for 3 kiddos as schools & daycares are closed. Friday is another strike day for all teachers province wide. This is starting to make life difficult for many people as its a one day strike/week, going on since new year. I might be able to handle one or two, but not 3 GK.

We had a lovely Sunday brunch with mom. She was happy to see nieces and spouses. One of my cousins brought her DD, who is closer to my age. Her mom will be moving here in May and wants to get closer to family. She might provide some relief and visit mom. DH was not feeling good, the lights in dining room were bothering him, even though he wore sunglasses. I think also, most of my family is French, and after awhile he just zones out and got a headache. He went and sat in the main lobby. Everyone speak English but then they revert back to French and talk too fast for him to process. Mom seemed to have difficulty understanding and after awhile, she started dozing off. It was a light dinner.

If I can ever get going, I need to cut fabric for a quilt to bring to the retreat. I also need to pull my list together - food, clothes, sewing stuff and snowshoes. Changed the bedsheets, the load is drying.

Have a good day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.
                  Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• toggpine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2009

Just checking in. We are starting our mid-winter break.
                    I get to be the mom-monster and make the girl catch up on her homework. Hopefully we can get that done mostly today and have the rest of the week for fun stuff.
                    I am working with a group of kiddos during our after school program. They are doing great with their sewing skills. Now if I could just get some time in my own sewing room....

We are going to enjoy the sun that is predicted for the next few days, that's for sure!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Well, we had home school and J worked really hard. He made up the math he didn't finish from last week and all of today's work, too.

Mike and I took our taxes. This year is the first year in a long time that I've had to put my 'legal, don't you dare call me that, first name'. The guy called and asked what was on my social security card... well it's my whole legal name. First, middle (that I go by) maiden and married name. Poor guy was like, I'm not supposed to put all of that down there. My attitude about it... I didn't want to have to have my first name listed anyway, but the Feds made me do it.. now everybody has to deal with it.

After we got back from dropping off the taxes, A1A Solar called. They have the permits, and the batteries, so they're ready to install the battery wall. That meant, Jim and Mike had to move a lot of stuff to make room for the panels to go in the garage, tonight. At least it was family dinner night, so they were coming over anyway.

The garage looks alright. We'll see how much of a foot print the batteries take once they're in . The job is supposed to be finished by Wednesday.

Thursday we'll pick up the taxes on Mike's day off. So what wasn't going to be a very busy week is turning into a busy week.

Have a great evening.
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Cokie
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2016

It's shaping up to be a busy week. Today was DH's birthday so I took him to Brown Derby for dinner, his favorite. DS was supposed to go along but he's not feeling well. A couple of days this week we will be getting quotes on some electrical work and also shopping for a new washing machine. Hopefully the electrical work can be completed quickly. I ordered some fabric tonight - I want to make each of my sons a quilt this year. I need to get started - I don't seem to get things done very quickly. I'm hoping to start getting the fabric cut. One will be a Diamond Dash in red, black and gray, and the other will be a Double Slice in patriotic fabrics. Neither should take too long, but my time to sew is so hit and miss. Rain expected here tomorrow. I'm really not sure from day to day exactly what season it is! Hope everyone has a good week.

Comment

• bhaggerty
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2012

I remember that restaurant! I grew up in northwest Ohio
                          there was one near us that closed
                          Happy Quilting!

Comment

• Cokie
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
                            I remember that restaurant! I grew up in northwest Ohio
                            there was one near us that closed
                            Their food is so good! Always enough leftover to take home. Last night they brought us a HUGE tossed salad that we served to ourselves at the table, then boxed up the leftover salad for us to take home, adding some more veggies and a couple of hard boiled eggs to the box, along with some salad dressing. It was yummy for lunch today.

Comment

Working...
                            X