Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Make a "Mountain Lily" Quilt with Jenny Doan

those with camera phones take a picture, then go into edit picture on your phone,
    your looking to use the slider to change 'hue' . The colours all change. its up to you if save or not, personally I dont.
    hopefully this method does not upset anyone, but does help choosing quilt colours its not an exact process but gives an idea. it is amazing how colours change quilts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    It's a very pretty quilt. I also thought the green was a bit too stark. I have a JR of Summer Breeze that might work well for this pattern. However, I'm not a fan of all that snowballing. If I ever get to this one, it will be a while. I have too many other patterns in the queue, as well as too many UFOs.
    I thought of Summer Breeze for this too!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    It doesn't speak to me either. Too busy? The color? I would like to see a different color way too.
    I was thinking shades of purple, like mountains...not sure about this one. Lots of pieces to cut and lots of snowballing.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I rather like this one. Yes it is a bit fussy but I have a bunch of white 2-1/2” squares and a whole lot of jelly rolls That need a purpose. I also made those quarter square triangles by accident while making a sampler quilt last fall. I mixed up in my mind Jenny’s crazy 8 method of making HSTs and her method to make 4 HST. Quarter square triangles is what I got. I agree the green is a bit intense but it goes with the jelly roll she chose. this would be a quilt where I would work on it a little bit at a time.

5. Thanks Cokie, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like this one! Agree with a lot of the ideas here on this one. Claire, I like your idea of a light blue, too. The green was pretty intense, but it did match the fabric line which reminded me of Summer Breeze also. I was thinking about a scrappy quilt - using lighter greens of a similar shade and hue or 30's prints would look really good, too. I also agree with it being a bit fussy with all those little snowballed corners, but I may give it a try someday down the list.
    Donna

7. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    I like this one! Agree with a lot of the ideas here on this one. Claire, I like your idea of a light blue, too. The green was pretty intense, but it did match the fabric line which reminded me of Summer Breeze also. I was thinking about a scrappy quilt - using lighter greens of a similar shade and hue or 30's prints would look really good, too. I also agree with it being a bit fussy with all those little snowballed corners, but I may give it a try someday down the list.
    Love the idea of 30s fabrics.