• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktdid
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2018

5" ruler

I can't believe MSQ has stopped making the 5" charm ruler! I have look & looked but can't find anything, they used to also sell another brand, but that's gone too. Guess I'll shop elsewhere
    Kate (Oklahoma)
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: 5" ruler

I put 5" rulers in the search bar, these popped up. I use their 5"x15" all the time.

Shop Missouri Star Quilt Co. for all your quilting needs, from quilt fabric, precuts, kits, patterns & notions to mail-in machine quilting services!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2012

Have you owned a 5'' ruler before? I gave mine away in the you can have it group many years ago. I agree on the ruler Katrina mentioned. I use it for everything!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• nativetexan
        Banned
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2018

I love my Omnigrip five inch ruler. Amazon has one

Comment

• Caroline T.
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2016

When you said "charm ruler" I immediately thought of this one (for cutting charms in half)

Fits perfectly with a Mini Charm Pack as well as the Jelly Roll. It also fits diagonally across a 5" charm pack.Missouri Star 2.5" x 8" Ruler

Comment

• mommiepainter
            Batting Beauty
            • Jul 2013

I ordered a spare in November. It is called a Cutrite Charm Maker. It is unavailable but shows more coming mid February. I use this all the time!

What do you do when you want to cut your own Charm Squares (5" squares)? You use the "CutRite Charm Maker Template"! It's the perfect tool to quickly and easily cut 5-inch squares. There's no risk of making a measuring mistake, also the cross-hair lines etched onto the Charm Maker allow you to fussy cut the fabric exac
            Last edited by mommiepainter; February 6, 2020, 04:04 PM.
            Janet

"You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

Maya Angelou

Comment

• bubba
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2013

I know what you are talking about because I got one several years ago from M*. The first one came with a corner broken off and they sent a second.

…..wonder where that thing is?
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• minipinlady
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2018

I use my charm maker and the 5 by 15 ruler quite often. Why not try the chat option on the website? They are very fast with a response and always the sweetest politest staff you could hope to deal with.

Comment

• bubba
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by minipinlady View Post
                  I use my charm maker and the 5 by 15 ruler quite often. Why not try the chat option on the website? They are very fast with a response and always the sweetest politest staff you could hope to deal with.
                  It actually says the 5 x 5 charm maker will be back in stock mid February.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• ktdid
                    The Guild President
                    • Dec 2018

Thank you, the Cutrite was the one I lost! Not sure why it didn't come up when I searched. All the suggestions, were much appreciated. Guess my rulers (2) lost will be found with all those missing socks one never finds! Thanks again
                    Kate (Oklahoma)
                    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• blusk
                      Administrator
                      Block Queen
                      • Aug 2019

It always seems to turn up once you give up looking and order a replacement, too! Looks like those CutRites did come in, and are showing as available to order. (The search still shows unavailable, but the product page itself shows the lovely Add to Cart button). Here's the link if you still need it:

What do you do when you want to cut your own Charm Squares (5" squares)? You use the "CutRite Charm Maker Template"! It's the perfect tool to quickly and easily cut 5-inch squares. There's no risk of making a measuring mistake, also the cross-hair lines etched onto the Charm Maker allow you to fussy cut the fabric exac

Comment

• KarenC
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2015

I have a 5x5 charm template from Martelli. I like it because I can easily cut multiple pieces at one time with no slipping. It happened to be a quilt show special when I got it for $5.
                        Karen
                        Spring, TX

Comment

• ktdid
                          The Guild President
                          • Dec 2018

Wouldn't you know it!!! I ordered the charm maker and the very next day I found the lost one.....at least I found my 2.50" before replacing it!
                          Kate (Oklahoma)

Comment

• Monique
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                            Wouldn't you know it!!! I ordered the charm maker and the very next day I found the lost one.....at least I found my 2.50" before replacing it!
                            Never fails.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• KPH
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2015

Isn't that always the way!

I couldn't find my dental insurance card... it was at the dentist office, found out after I ordered the replacement.

Glad you found the one you lost. Now you have a spare. Nothing wrong with that!
                              Katrina
                              From NC, retired in FL
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X