Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Happy Tuesday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Tuesday!!

Good morning friends. Another day, another 50 cents.

It was a quiet day yesterday with hubby at work. I did get onto the back roof and clear away some snow. The slope isn't that great and that is why it needs to be cleared. I think we are good until the next snow fall.

I worked away hand quilting yesterday. I also put a turkey in the oven and that is all I could smell all day. Supper was delicious.

Today is Guild but I don't think I will be going, my heart just isn't in it anymore. And the weather is calling for freezing rain I think, another good reason to stay home.

I guess I will continue with the hand quilting today. We might be getting out of Dodge this weekend. There is an antique show in Kingston this weekend.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Tuesday!!

Ha, Ha, we were at it again!

The daily deal was calling my name. I'd picked up a layer cake to use for baby quilts this year last week, now I have the white to go with! I was so excited, I forgot to use my quilter points. Dag gum it! Oh well, they'll keep.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

3. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Looks like we will have temps around 48 today. I am off later this morn to get my Real ID . PA has had a couple of extensions,but the due date is Oct . I really do not want to have to bring my passport with me when I fly. I had to locate a few documents before I could go.

Dog groomer comes later this afternoon. I maybe can get some pinning done while she is here.

Have a good day.
    Beth

5. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A busy day yest. I spent the morning in the kitchen making the chicken soup for DH. It's what he eats every evening for supper. Boring, I know, but he has a lot of food intolerances. It made 15 qts. for the freezer. I got an early start & hustled so I'd be done by noon. Clean-up was done by 11:20, so the coast was clear for DH to eat his lunch at 11:30, & I had plenty of time to eat lunch & pack up my 2 laptops for the afternoon computer class.

Good accomplishments at the computer workshop. The coach did a copy & paste of all my files on the old laptop on to the external hard drive, then transferred them to the new laptop. Success!!! We also downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader & 2 Faststone picture programs, which I hope to learn to use for resizing my pics. If I can save the expense of buying another Photo Shop program, I'm all for that. The best price I can find for Photo Shop is $69. at Amazon. I'll hold off on that to see if I can make this other program work. The other thing we did, which I'm most happy about, is we got rid of the e-mail app -- which I hated! -- so now I can do my e-m the way I used to do it.

Today it's supposed to be sunny & in the 40's.

I plan to bake DH's spelt bread today & work on my Bible study lesson for tomorrow.

7. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am excited, today I am delivering a quilt top to a long armer. The top turned out so well that I plan on entering it in our guild show in Oct. That is the reason for the pro quilt person, I could quilt it but she will make it really special.
    I ironed the backing yesterday, sort of like ironing a tent.
    I am not sore today surprisingly, it was a good work out and I am looking forward to going back. There were 30 people in the class, it strained the room size but it was OK.
    I have only one more unit [ 150+ 2 1/2" HST] to make for the B Hunter quilt before starting to sew the block together, lots and lots of little pieces and I am not making it as big as she planned.
    We are meeting some cousins for lunch, looking forward to that.

9. Thanks Monique, MSN, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a chilly, overcast day. I am working on getting laundry done today and I will also be making some banana bread. We've got Henry this afternoon after school. Other than that, I'm not sure what is on the agenda for today. I have been making progress on The Farmer's Wife blocks in the evenings while watching tv but haven't done much in the sewing room so maybe I will spend some time in there this morning while the banana bread bakes.

Time to get to baking. Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

11. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

Yesterday, I drove DH to dental appt. Well, turns out he didn't have the correct date. A month early, but he already has another appt at that time, so we pushed it to March. This isn't first time he does that - especially if he reschedules over the phone and isn't wearing hearing aids. We went for coffee and I had baklava. I made chicken stew with egg noodles and my GF came over for dinner. I sewed my first hexagon QAYG from the M* template. Not bad, but I can see you need to adjust folded border for different thicknesses of batting. I cut up a Me & My sister charm pack.

I'm feeling tired, very stiff and joints are aching, which means I have to start move around. I will visit mom today and my GF wants to come. Not much else planned today. I am taping the Marilyn Dennis show as my neighbour's son is a guest. Not sure if it's in role as International model or for his woodworking skills.

Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

happy Tuesdays

today has been tiring after yesterdays effort, mentioned else where, we managed to shoe polish to a sewing case, we had visitors, and now have faucet hot water, but with everything, the energy has gone again, so back in lay down mode.
    have fun
    T

15. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post