Have you walked your daughter down the Isle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

Have you walked your daughter down the Isle?

My youngest is getting married this April, boyfriend highly approved! Her father passed and she hasn't brought it up about the isle. I was talking to her sister that she got left behind on the bachelorette party this weekend. She felt bad but understood about it just being friends, but it would of been nice to be asked.

I said you just opened the door for me to ask what your sister is thinking about the isle situation. I wasn't really thinking about it too much until now that it's getting closer. I mean I think I would be a little hurt, but it's her wedding. I'm starting to dwell. blah, lol
    🌺 Lorie
  • Judy, USMC
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

Re: Have you walked your daughter down the Isle?

Found this to be pretty much an all encompassing article that addresses a bunch of situations about walking down the aisle. https://www.thespruce.com/who-walks-...-aisle-3490179 Hope it helps.

Found it interesting that brides sometimes walk alone. "It can be a statement that no one is "giving her away," but rather that she comes of her own free will. It's also frequently chosen when a bride's father has already passed away, and she doesn't feel like anyone else should fill his place."

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2012

Thanks for the article Judy. I'm going to send it to her sister in case they talk about it again. My dd (the one getting married) is a wedding planner. It's interesting to see her steer her way though all of this. I think it will make her appreciate all the bridezillas out there. lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• jjkaiser
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

A friend recently walked her dd down the aisle. She divorced the dad many years ago and he never calls, visits, writes or anything. Now her other dd is getting married in 2 years and my dd is maid of honor. The girl getting married is on good terms with her Mom but wants to walk by herself. Mom is just sick about it and has sent out pleas to my dd and everyone else in the wedding party to get bride to change her mind. The bride to be thrives on drama and I don't think she really understands how hurt her mom is about this.
        Jocelyn
        South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• bubba
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

My future father in law walked me down the aisle. MM walked our girls down the aisle. Tyler also walked his mother down the aisle when he was seven.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• MSN
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2017

Lorie, this is your daughter's wedding, and it's her decision. Please don't get your undies in a bundle over this. You can ask her what role she envisions for you on the big day, but let it be her choice. Every generation has new traditions. Do your best to be gracious.

I found this video of a local wedding that went viral a decade ago. Imagine how the parents felt about this walk down the aisle!

Our wedding entrance dance to Forever...yeah, forever.For more information or to make a donation towards violence prevention please visit our website: http:/...

Comment

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2013

I accompanied my brother-in-law because my mother-in-law was at the hospital, and my sister accompanied my husband because my father was in Arabia and could not arrive on time

Comment

• Hulamoon
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2012

I'm not in a bunch, I didn't think I sounded like that.

I would be hurt though if she picked her half brother who isn't even blood related and a non person of interest to me right now.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

• MSN
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                  I'm not in a bunch, I didn't think I sounded like that.

I would be hurt though if she picked her half brother who isn't even blood related and a non person of interest to me right now.
                  Perhaps in a bunch is too strong a term. My point is that you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are secretly hoping for her to choose you. It's out of your control; let it go. As you said, you're beginning to dwell. I can certainly understand your issues if she picked her half brother, though.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by MSN View Post
                    Lorie, this is your daughter's wedding, and it's her decision. Please don't get your undies in a bundle over this. You can ask her what role she envisions for you on the big day, but let it be her choice. Every generation has new traditions. Do your best to be gracious.

I found this video of a local wedding that went viral a decade ago. Imagine how the parents felt about this walk down the aisle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94...radio=1http://
                    Well that was entertaining, but I can tell you there isn't a priest in any of the Catholic churches in our area that would have allowed this. My Dd & DH & attendants did a similar entrance, but at the reception hall.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2015

My dad walked me down the aisle first time. My DD was walked down the aisle by her dad. I didn't play much of a mom role in the wedding, except to give a speech.

My niece, whose dad had abused the mom, did not give him that honour. Her mom walked her own the aisle.

It's your daughter's wedding, and you just have to stand back sometimes, even though it might hurt. Congratulations on gaining a SIL that you like.
                      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Granny Fran
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2014

Her wedding, her rules...sometimes we have to remember it is the brides day and her memories that are important. When all is said and done, will this be important 50 years from now?

You are fortunate to have a future SIL that you like. My only daughter married a guy we thought would break her heart at some point (and he did). When the day of the wedding occurred we decided it was not worth losing our relationship with her and attended without rancor.
                        Last edited by Granny Fran; January 27, 2020, 08:41 AM.
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

• Patty J
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2012

My dad didn't like my DH and he said he wasn't walking me down the aisle. He also said that he wasn't coming to the wedding. I was devastated (spelling?? ) I called my Godfather and he liked DH and said he'd be happy to walk me down the aisle. Wedding day came and I was still upset, but my dad caved and attended and walked me down the aisle. We have been happily married for 52 years so my dad was wrong. Dad finally accepted our wedding and saw how happy I was for many years.
                          You won't regret taking the "high road" You can do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X