Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you walked your daughter down the Isle?

My youngest is getting married this April, boyfriend highly approved! Her father passed and she hasn't brought it up about the isle. I was talking to her sister that she got left behind on the bachelorette party this weekend. She felt bad but understood about it just being friends, but it would of been nice to be asked.

I said you just opened the door for me to ask what your sister is thinking about the isle situation. I wasn't really thinking about it too much until now that it's getting closer. I mean I think I would be a little hurt, but it's her wedding. I'm starting to dwell. blah, lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have you walked your daughter down the Isle?

Found this to be pretty much an all encompassing article that addresses a bunch of situations about walking down the aisle. https://www.thespruce.com/who-walks-...-aisle-3490179 Hope it helps.

Found it interesting that brides sometimes walk alone. "It can be a statement that no one is "giving her away," but rather that she comes of her own free will. It's also frequently chosen when a bride's father has already passed away, and she doesn't feel like anyone else should fill his place."

3. Thanks Midge, SuzanneOrleansOntario, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the article Judy. I'm going to send it to her sister in case they talk about it again. My dd (the one getting married) is a wedding planner. It's interesting to see her steer her way though all of this. I think it will make her appreciate all the bridezillas out there. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A friend recently walked her dd down the aisle. She divorced the dad many years ago and he never calls, visits, writes or anything. Now her other dd is getting married in 2 years and my dd is maid of honor. The girl getting married is on good terms with her Mom but wants to walk by herself. Mom is just sick about it and has sent out pleas to my dd and everyone else in the wedding party to get bride to change her mind. The bride to be thrives on drama and I don't think she really understands how hurt her mom is about this.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My future father in law walked me down the aisle. MM walked our girls down the aisle. Tyler also walked his mother down the aisle when he was seven.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie, this is your daughter's wedding, and it's her decision. Please don't get your undies in a bundle over this. You can ask her what role she envisions for you on the big day, but let it be her choice. Every generation has new traditions. Do your best to be gracious.

I found this video of a local wedding that went viral a decade ago. Imagine how the parents felt about this walk down the aisle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94...radio=1http://

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I accompanied my brother-in-law because my mother-in-law was at the hospital, and my sister accompanied my husband because my father was in Arabia and could not arrive on time

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not in a bunch, I didn't think I sounded like that.

I would be hurt though if she picked her half brother who isn't even blood related and a non person of interest to me right now.

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I'm not in a bunch, I didn't think I sounded like that.

I would be hurt though if she picked her half brother who isn't even blood related and a non person of interest to me right now.
    Perhaps in a bunch is too strong a term. My point is that you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are secretly hoping for her to choose you. It's out of your control; let it go. As you said, you're beginning to dwell. I can certainly understand your issues if she picked her half brother, though.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSN View Post
    Lorie, this is your daughter's wedding, and it's her decision. Please don't get your undies in a bundle over this. You can ask her what role she envisions for you on the big day, but let it be her choice. Every generation has new traditions. Do your best to be gracious.

I found this video of a local wedding that went viral a decade ago. Imagine how the parents felt about this walk down the aisle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94...radio=1http://
    Well that was entertaining, but I can tell you there isn't a priest in any of the Catholic churches in our area that would have allowed this. My Dd & DH & attendants did a similar entrance, but at the reception hall.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks MSN thanked for this post