Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I don't have much new since my lengthy post about yesterday's trip to the hospital. I enjoyed a good night's sleep. DH is glad to be home & back into his normal routine.

I need to get to the stores today. I have a stop at Walgreen's, Staples, & the groc. store on my list. Maybe also Safeway, which is the only place I now can purchase my favorite flavor of Sobe vitamin water. The Lucky's Market in our town is slated for closing next month. Everything in the store is 25% off. I shopped there only occasionally.

Time to get on with my day.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Greetings! :)

Good morning Joy and all who follow,

Joy, You are correct, there's no place like home. Yesterday was a bust. After I showered and had breakfast, i didn't feel good, so I rested I started doing a few things, then felt immediate urge to sleep. So I layed down on bed and slept for 3 hrs. That's 2-3 times this week. I'm not certain why I am so exhausted. I just hope I haven't picked up a bug so where going to hospitals, doctor's office for appts.

My neighbour came over and I gave her some soft fabrics to wrap around her wrist under the brace she has to wear following a fall. We talked and I will be inviting them to dinner and drinks today. We are getting an ice and heavy snow mix starting this afternoon. No one will go far, but we can still get together with friends. These are same friends that we travelled to NB this summer, so I am pulling out all the frozen lobster from freezer. Not sure if I will make a chowder or lobster rolls.

This morning, I'm going to run errands and visit mom. I saw her Monday. I have been getting messages from her sitter that she has been in bed sleeping most afternoons. My GF sent me a message that there is a big sale at a favorite out of town LQS next week. 50% off batting, backings all fabrics. 25% off Northcott. I will have to look & schedule on a day between appts. I'm still driving DH around as he wont have new glasses until after 2nd cataract surgery, so end of March. Long winter.

Hope all are surviving this winter. Stay warm and dry. Be safe. Stay indoors and quilt on bad days -- that's my plan.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Joy and those who follow.

I've already swept, mopped, cleaned the counter tops in the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher and started filling it again. The kitchen, other than finishing with my coffee pot and putting it in the dishwasher is done. The house is sprayed down with Lysol lemon. I do like the smell of the lemon and the orange Lysol's. I think orange is my favorite. I remember Mom spraying the house down every day before we left for work/ school. She was a Lysol junkie. The girls where she worked complained about her spraying every day. So she decided, fine, I won't spray. Then they all started getting sick and passing around their colds and such. They ended up buying her a case, tying it up with a bow, and telling her to spray away.

I trimmed a bunch of triangle yesterday. I have a large handful left to trim up. The sun is getting around to the right place so that I won't have to struggle seeing where to cut. I still need to dust, and sweep and vacuum the great room area. That can wait until the light changes, or I'm finished with my triangles.

Mike left his shirt at home this morning. He texted and wanted to make sure it was here, highly unusual for him to forget it.

It's a beautiful day here. Have a great day! Be creative!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne, does your husband have any of his old glasses? I found that while I was waiting for my new glasses, I could use a pair of my older glasses with a less strong prescription. It's worth a shot.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, am2901 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

Joy, Hope your DH is feeling better each day and you can return to your daily routines.

Suzanne, Lobster rolls are a favorite. Yum!

It's a busy day here starting with my hair appointment this afternoon and then pick up my grandson for some grandma time. I'll make the bottom of the purse this morning. It is a different technique than normal.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Joy, I hope your husband is well soon.

Suzanne, your dinner sounds amazing. I wish I was your neighbor

I hope you all have a great day.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lobster rolls, yummy, wish they were available here. We can get shrimp and blue crab easily but lobster is rare. I have seen them in tanks and always felt so sorry for them, I understand that once their claws are banded they can't eat.
    We went out to try a new meat and two for lunch yesterday and won't have to worry about going there again, pretty mediocre.
    We ran into some friends from our previous gym, got recommendations or a new one so we went and signed up, back to an exercise routine come Monday, Zumba only once a week but there are other classes we should enjoy.
    When we got home I cut out most of the pieces for the B Hunter mystery blocks. Lots of pieces but that will fill my time at an upcoming retreat nicely. I need to go through the pattern and check for pressing recommendations. I just cut it out based on the picture of the finished block, should be easier than trying to figure out all her convoluted directions.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!

I am enjoying a second cup of tea. I have been working on my spring twist quilt this morning -- laying out units to sew into blocks. I keep switching the colors around. I need to start sewing, or I will be swapping colors all day!

I had a good visit with Mom on Monday, I was there for almost three hours. I don't want to jinx things, but I haven't had a call about her being agitated in over a week. Progress! Mom will be 90 in less than two weeks. I am making her a couple of pillowcases. The daisy fabric I ordered from Hancock's of Paducah came a couple of days ago (she loves daisies). I need to shop my stash for an accent color for the piping/flange piece. I'm sure I have a yellow that will work. I'm going to see her again tomorrow, my sister went to see her this morning.

I had a migraine yesterday. I want to take it easy today, I'm still tired, but...there is lots to do!

Joy: glad your DH is home from the hospital and doing ok.

Have a wonderful day!

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all,
    We're getting a storm that has rain, snow and sleet coming down. The snow is coming down in huge clumps, and when they hit my jacket, they explode. It sure seems like an early March day. How I wish we could fast-forward.

I got my quilt top finished this morning, so now it's all covered up waiting for the backing. I had already purchased one, but in the end I couldn't stand it. I have no idea where my head was when I bought the fabric. I'm looking forward to the adventure of doing the quilting on my embroidery machine.

This afternoon I'll make the binding for a quilt that I had done at M* and got back way back in November. I know I won't get the quilt finished this weekend, but hopefully it'll be done by the end of the next week. Binding is not one of my strong points.

We have enough leftovers so we don't need to do anything more strenuous in the kitchen than work the microwave, so I'm hoping it'll be a lazy one (since cleaning is definitely out too). With this weather, I don't know if I'll get out and go for a walk today.....I hate being cold and wet. I suppose if I were an animal, I'd be a cat.

Hope you all can enjoy the weekend, get done what you want to get done, and the heck with the rest. Stay safe.
    Barbara

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Joy glad your DH is feeling better.

Suzanne, your lobster rolls sound yummy. I had them for the first time a few years ago when we went to the lobster festival in Maine. We happened to stay in this little town (Wiscasset) and their was a place called "Reds Eats" that was amazing. We tried a few different places, but this little hut on the side of the road was the BEST. Not cheap, but oh so tasty!

Katrina, the story about your mom's Lysol is funny.

This week at work wasn't too bad, busy but manageable. I also worked from home one day, so that was a plus. I may start doing that more occasionally, just for a break. Today was walking, breakfast and WW meeting with GF. She did better than me, but at least we both lost pounds. I'll take any lost over a gain. I think today I will try to focus on cleaning the sewing room a bit. Maybe put a runner on the longarm and do it. It's for my former sister in law. It has flowers appliqued on it, so maybe outlining around the applique, and then some flowers

Tomorrow, GF and I are going to the Auto show. I have new car fever, and have not been able to get rid of it. DD will get my old car, so who knows, I may be purchasing next week. We'll see.

Hope you all have a great day.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post