Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: boB's last two years . . .

I am so sorry about the loss of your brother, but wow!! You got an unexpected gift in a sister. It was meant to happen. So happy for you! A gal I used to work with did a DNA test and found she has at least a dozen brothers/sisters from her dad that he never told anyone about.....
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Bob! I'm sorry about your brother, but happy you found your sister and her family and you're able to be with them.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing story Bob! I am sorry about your brother's passing but I am so glad that you could relocate to be close to your new sister. Life is sure strange sometimes isn't it. My 3 daughters are all adopted and we never kept any secrets from them about their history or background.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob ~ Thanks for the update & sharing your amazing story. I wish you all the best.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for you, boB. And so glad you are thankful to your parents for this gift that is truly a blessing. Enjoy the Multitudes!
    p.s. Welcome back - please don't be a stranger!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob.....
    I am so sorry to hear of your brother's passing.

It's wonderful to find family and now you have a sister that you didn't know you had, so that makes this that much more special.
    It's a wonderful story! I am thrilled that there's things such as DNA tests for people so they can finally be aware of family that they didn't know they had!
    Here's hoping this next chapter of your life continues to be wonderful.

God Bless!

Name:  thGarfield 1.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  6.1 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WOW Bob, I can see why you have been away for a while. What a wonderful outcome for you and your sister. Enjoy your time together, life is too short.

When I was doing our family tree, I found some skeletons in the closet and I had an aunt who refused to talk to me over 'something'. It made me sad but life goes on no matter what.

Sorry for the loss of your brother.
    Last edited by Monique; January 24th, 2020 at 07:59 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Back! I have wondered what ever happened to you!

I have similar stories in my extended family, too. One is totally unbelievable how it all came to light - talk about a small world! Long story short, my cousin found out that her boyfriend (now DH)'s ex was actually her first cousin whose Mom had been given up for adoption by their Grandmother back in the day.

On the other side, my sister was doing some genealogy research a few years back and discover that someone with our Great grandfathers same name - not a common one - and birthdate - was listed as the father of another family of 3 children - with similar names and ages - in NY. How could this be? He worked for the railroad, that's how! I am so glad this never came to light when my Mother and her brother were alive. They idolized the man and would have been crushed to find this out about their Grandfather that they adored so much. We decided to leave it in the past, but if they were to contact us, we would be open to them.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    What an amazing story Bob! I am sorry about your brother's passing but I am so glad that you could relocate to be close to your new sister. Life is sure strange sometimes isn't it. My 3 daughters are all adopted and we never kept any secrets from them about their history or background.
    Martha's adoptive parents kept no secrets either. She knew she was adopted all along. It's even interesting the story they told her about our parents is correct. Mom was a 15 year old and our father was older and a Marine and went back to Korea. I'm not sure dad even knew there was a child, they kept secrets from each other.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I am new here so I don't know you, but wanted to thank you for sharing your amazing and wonderful story. The timing is uncanny - to lose a brother and gain a sister in such a close time frame. I'm very happy for you - what a gift indeed.