Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Thursday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Thursday

My sister and I finally found a time we were both available to go see Little Women this afternoon. I haven't seen her since before Christmas so I am looking forward to it.
    I got a pedicure yesterday and made a stop at the grocery store then came home and finished the binding on two lap/throw quilts. They are washed and in the dryer, yea! I plan one for Project Linus and the other for the sofa. I am looking forward to cuddling under it tonight. The current sofa one is really ready to be washed.
    My sewing room looks empty, I usually have several projects in the works but right now not much. I may start cutting out the B Hunter mystery that is not a mystery any longer. I do like the outcome but I may do my own math and make the blocks a little larger. I don't much like working with anything smaller than 2 1/2". That is going to require some heavy thinking, lol.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Vernona ~ Buying an adapter was one of the suggestions of the computer coaches. I'll pursue that option first. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, if you like your couch other than it being to soft why not put a board under the cushion. If it's just time for a new look have fun picking a new one!
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

6. Thanks baslp, 201 Treadler, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, popping in here during my lunch. This has been a busy day of answering help desk tickets about pay checks, W2s and form 1095s. Yep, it's tax time. The main time that people looks at things and come to you with the random questions from their tax accountants, etc. At least most are easy to answer. They just take time to research. Had my bone density scan this morning so working from home today. I need to remember to get out of my chair every now and then.

Rhonda - Have fun in your Poppins bag class. I made one last year and have the smaller one to make for a friend.

Take care everyone.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, I don't know if you have an IKEA store near you, but I bought a loveseat there, and we really like it. It's quite firm, and has maintained the cushion firmness for the 3 years I've had it. I love the fact that the slipcover is easily removed and washed.

I'm still in NC , but will fly home on Tuesday. My son took me to a quilt shop today, and I had way toooooo much fun there! He was a sweetheart to take me. It's called Sewing on the River, located on the outskirts of New Bern.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Two years ago yesterday was one of the worst days of my life.

Today, I got an email that our storage rental place was sold again. I told Mike, we really needed to get there and get rid of enough stuff that we could move to a smaller unit. He's in agreement. He has all of our old kitchen stuff and house hold stuff packed from when we moved him into mom's house.

Tonight when we came home from dinner. He went into the attic and brought down a bunch of CRAP that Howard had kept. 6 moving blankets that the movers left behind. The old light fixture that we took down the week we moved in, empty boxes we'd packed and brought stuff down here, the gas trees for the propane tanks to hook to the camping grill and stoves, another box filled with match box cars, a box full of NAPA hats, and there's still more up there to deal with. This was something I wanted to take care of last spring, but breaking my wrist put it on hold. Then it was too hot by the time I was able to do anything about it. So the job was just pushed back.

Today, was harder than yesterday, but we'll make it through. Sooner or later, we'll get things that should have been donated ages ago, taken care of. Tomorrow will be a big day for the Salvation Army. Another lady from VERC is coming tomorrow morning for another 2 hour assessment. I hope I can stay focused for that long!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening,
    My DH brought me coffee in bed, so my morning routine changed, as I watched morning TV. I did some chores before driving him to osteo appt. My GF dropped by after lunch, she picked up VQC quilts from LA. I took 2 to attach the binding. This will be the last quilts for awhile to be done volunteer by LA. She is taking a break. It's always fun to get together with Dorothy. We are going away for a quilt retreat in February. We've also rented some tables for a fabric market in May. Then I sewed the rows of quilt together, added 1st border, then realized I didn't have enough fabric for 2nd border. Of all the green fabrics, none were the right shade or design. So off we went to a LQS and I got a black mottled with green batik fabric. I washed the fabric, so tomorrow I will finish top.

Yesterday, I didn't do much of anything after my hair appointment. Since I was awake at 2am, I managed to stay up til 10pm, and had a good night's sleep. I did finish - few bowl cozies and others in progress.

T - interesting about he shake. That's a lot of voile....
    Beth, Chelea - we tried using those for our cat PJ. He gladly ate the empy ones, but slip in a miniscule pill in it, and he would spit it out, gagging. So now, DH holds PJ and I just slip in his mouth, while he willingly takes as he gets a tummy rub afterwards.

Dinner was at A&W. Have a good evening.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina ~ Thinking of you. One of the nurses I used to work with at the hospital said she thought the 2nd year was harder than the first. Her husband got multiple myeloma and was gone in just a few weeks. He developed that pneumocystic pneumonia (like AIDS patients get), but it was a side effect of the chemo. The dr. said 1 in ~40 patients get it. He hardly had time to get used to the diagnosis & he was gone. I think he was only 60 y.o. One never really forgets the loss of loved ones. Anniversary dates bring back all the memories. God bless.

16. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post