Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Monday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Monday

Good morning my dear friends. Back home and back to the same ho hum, LOL! Now I know why I like to go to retreat.

I really haven't done much but put stuff away. Hubby works today so I am hoping to get into the sewing room. I want to add some remaining blocks to the quilt I worked on at retreat. We shall see where that takes me. I posted my pictures in Show and Tell.

We had a good dumping of snow this past weekend but not nearly as much as Newfoundland got. They have called in the Armed Forces to help with the cleanup. They received upwards of 100cm, that is almost 40 inches.

Have a good day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Monday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Wow, Monique -- that's a lot of snow! I've been watching the storm news on the TV. We're dry & sunny. Only 18 deg. this a.m.; the high will be 50 deg. Pretty nice for Jan.

Yest. was church; I picked up 2 tacos from Taco Bell on the way home. I worked on my Bible study lesson in the afternoon. Never made it to the sewing room.

Last week the zipper tab on my every day winter coat broke, so I need to buy a new coat. I did some browsing on the Kohl's web site. Years ago, I bought 2 winter coats on sale for 50% off at Sears (we no longer have that store here). They were alike, but dif. colors. I wore the lighter colored one to church. The cuffs get dirty quickly, so I don't want to wear it for every day use. I may run over to Kohl's after breakfast.

It's been interesting to follow the recent events of Prince Harry & Maegan. I wish them well in their attempts to get out of the royal spotlight & hopefully be somewhat free from the paparazzi & UK tabloid press.

This a.m. will be the usual Mon. laundry. My son & I are going to lunch at Red Lobster; I have a coupon.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!
    Up early to make the best use of the day off. I have several batches of banana bread to bake and possibly some cookies for lunches. I also have a recipe for dog biscuits for the bread machine, so who knows who will end up with treats by the end of the day!

I get to be homework monitor with a slight chance of sewing at the dining table while she works. If that's the case, I'll work on a smaller quilt that needs to be quilted.

I hope everybody has a great day!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    It's a cold -18c sunny morning. Yesterday we cleaned up the dump of snow from the storm, it was very light so it went fast, then the street plow went by. In a little over an hour we were all done and free to do as we please. We told everyone we were hibernating.

I spent most of my afternoon in the sewing room. I've got some microwave plate cozies prepped, cut more batting scraps into hexies. I also sewed 14 more 9 patch blocks which I will cut today into Dis 9 patch. I haven't decided how big a quilt I want to make, but have lots of that fabric. DH was in train room and got his new Diesel engine & car on the track. The detail on it is amazing. I might need to make a run for fresh fruit & veggies.

Katrina - rest up. Lucky it was caught early.
    Joy - have you looked at LL Bean. I know from friends' & my past experiences, they will exchange your coat for new one even after 2+ years.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm. Stay dry and be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...It's 14 degrees and snowing at the moment. The wind is whipping around like crazy.

This will be another slow day for me. We are missing Dottie even more than we thought we might. She was such a huge part of our lives. Thankfully we have the puppers to give us love and keep us on our toes. Maggie had adopted Dottie's bed.

Cooking will be kept to a minimum today. I cooked a large meal yesterday and we have lots of leftovers. Jeff doesn't have to go back to work until Wednesday. It's been good having him home.

Have a blessed day everyone. Hugs,.....

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

What a weekend. No repeats, please!

I didn't make it to the sewing room yesterday. Mike is off, but is going into work to get a box for a model he's shipping back. Lovely that he waited for almost 3 months to get it and it's missing pieces, so he can't finish it. He bought it off EBay and they have a protocol to follow. The seller doesn't take returns. We'll see what happens from there.

I'll be doing laundry today. I need to get the cubed steaks out for dinner tonight and bake a dozen cookies. Best get busy!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

A quick hello as nothing much is happening here. A brisk morning but the sun is shining, I will be hibernating in the house till the temps go up.

Hopefully some sewing time today or tomorrow we'll see.

Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Temporarily home from the hospital, papa spent 17 days there, 5 of which were in ICU. The procedure was finally successful on the 2nd attempt, first one didn't go so well and hence the ICU stay. So now home to get stronger and then see where we stand. After all the hospital food, well my simple home cooked burgers were like a gourmet meal to him last night. Home care people will be visiting today to help with him getting stronger.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Found a coat! ~ I got back just a few min. ago from shopping at Kohl's. I hit a sale on the coats. Yay! I found 2 I liked & which fit. The one had fake fur on the collar, which I didn't like, & I was concerned about the integrity of the zipper. It didn't seem strong enough. I kept looking & found another coat that I liked better. No fur, but still has a hood. It was priced at $200. & was 50% off. (You know, they've got to be making money, even with the sales.) Everything is imported from China or some other country. Anyway, with my coupon, it $85. It's a navy blue color, so it won't show the soil as quickly as a lighter color. I also tried on several pair of jeans/slacks. I've been looking, literally for years, for some pants with elastic at the waist that weren't low riders. I dug through the stacks of pants until I found several options. I think I tried on 8 pr. of pants. I ended up buying 6. They were on sale for buy 1 at reg. price & get 2nd for 50% off, so that was a good savings. With my coupon, etc., they figured out to be $22.95 each. I seldom buy clothes for myself, but this was a good buy, & I've been needing pants for a long time.

It's another sunny day in the 50's. My son will be by soon to pick me up for lunch. Looking forward to that.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone. Yesterday was babysitting most of thee day, and then I visited a friend on my way home. I received a text from my sister wanting me to go on another Hobby Lobby hunt for some items which were on sale and she can't find in her town. She sent the text to about 4 of us, and said buy all you can find. Well typically I can't find any of it. Today was a score at all 3 stores, so no one else had to check That started my day off on a roll. After that,, I finished the mitered border on my brother's quilt. Yay! Now just need to decide how to quilt it. After lunch, I decided to go outside and edge. Well I did what I could before the batteries needed recharging. It's now almost 1:30 and next on the list is take down the Christmas tree. I guess I really need to do it, especially while I am on a roll. I am feeling very accomplished today.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post