Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Ferluknat Farm

Hello ladies😊
    This whole forum thing is new to me which is ironic since I spend such a large amount of time online. I am excited to be signed up for the secret santa deal. Sounds like great fun. A little bit about me...hmmmm let's see...I love to create and custom design fabric and I do alot of custom work. My two earliest memories as a kid are of praying and sewing. I hand sewed doll clothes until I got my first sewing machine when I was about 8. (I did have one of those little toy machines that used glue, anyone remember those?)A hunk of aqua green metal called a New Home. I wished I still had that machine today. When I was 10 I inhereted a PFAFF 1222E from my grandma who was the one who passed her love of sewing on to me. I have had this machine for 43 years and only recently bought a back up machine, a Janome Magnolia. For a long time I felt like I was cheating on my Pfaff everytime I used the Janome.🤣😂🤣 Anyone else as crazy as I am like that? Please say yes...ha,ha,ha!
    In Dec of 2016 I bought a building in Maryville Mo and opened up Ferluknat Farm Fabric Art and Home. Ferluknat Farm for short or now as we call it....the Farm. I have a beauty salon in half the building called Bliss Salon. The farm side has curvy girl clothes, home decor, unique gifts and of course fabric. I'm afraid my selection is still somewhat limited but it is where my heart truly lies so this year it is my main focus. We all gotta start somewhere right? I am really excited to meet others who share the same love I have. And I look forward getting to know you all!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Ferluknat Farm

Hello, HollyKay and welcome from Central Wisconsin! You are one busy lady, so glad you found this forum and I am anxious to see some of your creations!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome HollyKay from Canada's capital. Enjoy the forum. I look forward to seeing your posts of projects.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin! You sound like one very busy girl and I wonder when you find time to quilt!! You will make lots of friends here, and we look forward to getting to know you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum! I hope we hear from you lots and lots!

Your Ferluknat Farms endeavor sounds amazing. Please post some pictures for us. And please tell us how to pronounce "Ferluknat"!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome HollyKay, we're glad to have you here. I hope you'll have just as much fun with the Secret Santa as I have these last two years.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Colorado ~ We're a friendly bunch & like to share our photos, projects, & questions. Chime in!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hollykay - I hope to meet up with you this year. I meant to meet up with Charyti at your shop last year but timing wasn't right. Welcome to the forum ... and hope you will share more of your quilting experience.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another welcome from Canada.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Good luck with your new endeavor - sounds like a great adventure! I look forward to seeing your creations! (and I practically have a sewing machine harem, lol, so yeah, I've felt the guilt! )