Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning! It's Sunday!

Good Afternoon to everyone,
    It's the third day in a row where I won't be going out for a walk because the wind and cold are just too bad. If I get too cold I get hives, and they're unpleasant. The dogs are grumbling. The "Big Storm" left maybe 1 1/2 inches of snow, so once again the weather people scared everybody and caused another run at the grocery store. We need to wait until the middle of the week for the store to re-stock.

I spent a good portion of yesterday continuing to put sashing strips on my crazy quilt. I have to confess to being lazy about this....I'm not measuring the strips. Just laying them out and stitching. There's a part of me that's wondering if I'm going to regret this...we'll see.

This morning I finished with the sashing and began to put the blocks together. So far everything is going together well. Right now I'm doing what I call drive by sewing. If I need to go to the kitchen (for that extra cookie or some coffee maybe) I have to pass through the living room where I pluck a couple of blocks from my design wall, pass through the dining nook where the sewing machine is, sew the blocks, then on to the ironing board, then to the coffee pot. Then back to my mom cave. The next trip out, I'll grab a couple more blocks. If I'm lucky, tonight I'll be amazed that so much got done.

Right now it's time to enjoy one of those cookies and the coffee, so catch you later.
    Barbara

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It was a beautiful service this morning. The first pastor came back and talked about the mission of the church when it started and he was happy knowing that the same foundation is being followed.

As the service went on, I started feeling bad. By the time of the last hymn I was dizzy and sweating. I had Jim take me to urgent care, they asked why I was there. I didn't elaborate... bladder infection. Well 2 hours later and Jim and I missed the delicious dinner, but I have antibiotic and haven't had an empty cup of water. I've been drinking up a storm! I'll take a second pill before bed.

No school tomorrow, thank goodness.

I haven't even looked into my sewing room this afternoon. It can wait.

Have a great evening everyone!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina ~ Good thing you caught that UTI early & got started on an antibiotic. Hope you feel better soon.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joy!
    You might find that book on Amazon. If you haven't ever purchased a book on Amazon, when looking at the book sellers, do what I do, never order a book from someone that doesn't have at LEAST a 98% positive rating on their site. Sometime ago, I purchased somethings for a person that was new to Amazon, and their rating was 97% and I had to get Amazon involved to get my money returned to me.
    So, lesson learned. I look to see how many sales they've done in the past 6 months, if they have any negative reviews, etc. I almost got burnt once, never again!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sugar ~ I looked at Thrift Books -- not there. (Most of the quilting books were not available, so they must be popular.) It is available on Amazon. Just haven't decided if I want to spend that much money. I may just take a pic of the quilt at my LQS & figure it out on my own. Or not. I have so many other patterns already on my bucket list.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post