Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - January 17-23, 2020

Looks like everyone is busy sewing up a storm. I'm just hoping to get to my sewing room this weekend as we are expecting a big snow storm, cold temps and winds. That's why I don't mind winter, like many of my friends who head south for warmer temps.

I sort of lost energy to sew this week, as I had to clean our driveway a few times. DH is not supposed to lift following cataract surgery. Then it starts over with other eye in Feb.

I was working on quilting a VQC quilt. I don't have to rush as the intended recipient had previously received one. It's good there's a national registry. Then I think I will get back to the dis 9 patch.

What are you working on this week?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - January 17-23, 2020

I have been cutting and sewing on binding plus I got a smallish quilt sandwiched yesterday.
    I also have most of what is needed for the Bonnie Hunter mystery now that it is not so mysterious I do like the outcome and may forge ahead with cutting up my fabrics.
    I bought some black Kona on Thursday since Hobby Lobby had 40% off fabrics and I think I will kit up some batiks for a quilt to take to a retreat next month.

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

40% of the way through quilting my moonlight version of Wolf Abstractions by Violet Craft Designs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5395.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	162358
    Finished the first block design of the Solstice BOM by Bryan House. This is an Autumn colorway variation

Name:	100_5391.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	162359
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I started on a Calico Star quilt for Jim's in-laws. I have all of the half square triangles cut. I'm going to take my time squaring them up. My old hips are protesting from doing all of that cutting on the dining room table.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My week has started a little slow because I want to start something new and leave the quilting a bit, maybe some bibs or a table runner can be my next job

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've had 3 days in my sewing room, thanks to a predicted storm which was not that big after all. We tell everyone we are hibernating, so no requests from family.

I cut batting & fabric for microwave plate cozies. I want to try bigger size with 12.5" squares & 3 layers of batting. I also went through batting scraps and have cut a bin full of Hexies for a future quilt. I might make a small table runner before tackling a quilt. I also made 14- 9 patch blocks which I will cut for dis. 9 patch quilt. I'm feeling more focussed now that the sewing rooms are cleaned up. I'm really OCD and can't focus in a mess.

I've also finished a VQC quilt for donation. I won't start on another this month as I want to work on my own projects.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

10. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a long time since I've posted. But I've been busy working (hoping to retire this year), quilting, holidays...etc. I am currently working on the Labyrinth Walk quilt. I will not be putting this on the frame. I will do SITD on this one so I am in the process of sandwiching it now.

Name:	labyrinth walk2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	162409
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!