• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I'm back to my usual time of checking the Forum. Still getting used to the new computer. I'm sure it will take a while. I'm signed up for a Windows 10 class coming up. So many new things to learn, but at least I can use this now. I'll have to re-enter all my bookmarks. I can work on that as time allows. We set things up for Firefox as my browser. I like to use duckduckgo as the search engine. It doesn't track your activity like Google does. We also set up the ad-free feature. We removed Edge off the task bar.

Today will be grocery shopping. I haven't been for a week, so I need quite a few things. I also need to put gas in the car. I plan to cook up some apples for sauce. I need to be thinking about tax prep, too. Ugh. I printed off all the forms from my CPA a couple days ago. Time to start filling in the blanks. Many tax statements still haven't come; they're supposed to be sent out before the end of Jan.

Well, DH is waiting for breakfast. On with my day.
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Saturday Morning Hellos!

Good morning Joy and all who follow,
    It's the calm before the storm. We are ready. I just hope they haven't overblown The Storm, as I have limited my outings and activities.

There's lots on my TO-DO list today, I just hope that I can get at least half done. Yesterday, DH & I went to the mall. He bought some pants and a pair of suspenders. The kids will get a kick out of that. I found a pair of sheep skin slippers, and 2 new pj's. One of them has cats on pants, and the top has an applique cat, made of wonky triangles and diamonds. It may be inspiration for the retreat. Then I visited mom, picked up some groceries and salmon for dinner. No quilting, I'm in withdrawal.

Enjoy your day. Stay warm. Stay dry and be safe from the weather
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good morning. It's grey out there this morning and I guess we will be getting a bit of a messy snow, sleet, yuck mix a bit later. Well we made no plans for today so we'll just hang out inside and stay cozy.

I got an SOS message from son Rob. He is having a realtor come over on Tuesday to snap some photos because he has put an offer in on a house and will be selling his condo and needs a little help getting all the rooms picture ready. So we may head up there tomorrow. I really love that place and it makes me sad to think about not being able to go there anymore. He has a few good reasons for making the move and the house looks nice but I am still sad.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time just sitting in my comfy chair with a heat wrap on my leg. I was having a lot of pain in my knee and thigh. I am not sure if the knee pain was radiating up or vice versa but the warmth did help. It seems better this morning. We will see how the day goes. I am hoping to get into my sewing room for a bit today.

Time to get the chili going in the crockpot. Stay safe and warm everyone. Spend time with some fabric.
      Last edited by Ginny B; January 18, 2020, 07:25 AM.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2016

Good morning everyone. I want to thank everyone for their prayers, while my papa is still in the hospital, he is no longer in ICU. Not sure where we go from here just yet, but at least he is getting a little better each day. One day at a time!

Comment

• KarenC
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2015

Good morning. Mimim Howard, glad to see the prayers are helping, usually do.
          Today was walking group day. I couldn't stay for breakfast as I needed to get home and ready for my long arm guild meeting. We are presenting one of the members with a QOV quilt for her service. Did not do much in the line of sewing this week, work took priority. Got to go. Have a great day
          Karen
          Spring, TX

Comment

• KPH
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was pretty... well, unusual. Jim came over and had his two sessions with his schooling. When Mike got home, we went to lunch and Lowe's. I needed a new faucet at my bathroom sink. We got home only to find out he couldn't cut the hot water off. I called the plumber. He's here now, fixing the valve and putting in the faucet. At least it was only one trip to Lowe's???

I called the city again, because the recycling hadn't been picked up and it had been a whole week with the subdivision's recycling sitting out at the road. The lady I talked to last night, bumped it up to management. Well, yippee this morning, the recycling was picked up! It took 4 phone calls, but it's gone and they're supposed to come next Friday. Hopefully, they'll show up.

I managed to get all of the Xs sewn on the Easy 8 half square triangles. I have most of them cut apart. I may have to move my cutting station, last night my hips were killing me. This morning, I started cutting again and realized what I'd done too much of yesterday. I'm going to check and see if my desk will be better suited or if I'll just have to lower my ironing board a little to do the squaring up of all of these blocks. I know I've curved out on cutting 3, so I may have to make a few more blocks, which is alright, I was planning on making a pieced border anyway.

Mike goes in late today and won't get home until around 9. I'll have the afternoon to work.

Have a great day.
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• BarbaraB
              Designer Diva
              • Dec 2016

Good morning everyone,
              Well, it finally started to snow and I'm looking forward to going walking in it later today. This morning I've been busy making a tuna casserole for dinner for the next few nights. So we have food, coffee and ice cream. Don't need anything else.

Yesterday I continued putting sashing strips on my crazy quilt. It's going well and I love the way it looks, but it's so boring! My biggest challenge this weekend will be to decide what colors to quilt it. Superior is having a free shipping weekend and I'd like to take advantage of it. I need to seriously sit down with all my thread choices and figure out what I want to do.

Later today I'll be backing up all my files on my Windows laptop; it's something I do every few weeks just in case......can you feel the trust? I really wish Microsoft would develop a backup system like Apple has. My Mac just backs up every day to a backup hard drive. I never have to think about it, and I trust it too.

I hope you all have a safe, warm and wonderful weekend filled with lots of quilting progress.
              Barbara

Comment

• JulieC
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2016

Good Morning and Happy Saturday!

We had some of the dreaded white stuff overnight. I thought we had enough for the snow removal guy to clear the driveway (2" or more), but he hasn't been here yet. The temps are warming up and the snow is turning to rain, which means my driveway is going to turn into a skating rink for the next few days when the temps drop tonight. I should text the guy and see if he is coming out.

I started a Spring Twist quilt. I have the jelly roll cut up, I need to cut the 2.5" squares...then I can start sewing! This morning I couldn't resist trying out my quilt-as-you-go-hexagon template. I have everything for one flower cut out, folded, and ready for the iron. It feels good to be in the sewing room again.

I'm going to see Mom this afternoon. I need to remember to stop off at the store and buy her a newspaper before I go. She loves to read newspapers...and they keep her quiet and occupied. I had another call Tuesday afternoon that Mom was agitated. That's five in less than three weeks. I went up to facility to help calm her down but she was fine when I got there. We actually had a nice visit, and her sister stopped by when I was ready to leave. I took a picture of the two of them together.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• chelea
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

I got home late last night from a week in San Antonio. It's been around 25 years since we've been back (lived there in the early 90's). We had fun seeing the sights again. It's a charming city with lots of interesting history. Though the weather was cloudy and rainy at times, the warm temps felt so good. One day it got up to 80. Stepped out of the airport last night to temps in the teens and it's gray and 21 right now...snow is on the way this afternoon. What a change!
                  I'm itching to get back to the sewing room. Today I'll finish hand sewing the binding on UFO #2 for this year and might start quilting UFO #3. Still need to address my Gypsy Wife project/mess, I don't really know what to call it. I have 2 sections sewn together and I'm not at all happy. It's on my design wall and I keep staring at it...I'm definitely going to rip most of it apart and re-arrange the blocks.
                  Moda's Block Heads 3 started this week and I hadn't planned on sewing along but then I saw a new line out, May Morris, and just fell in love. I really don't buy much fabric any more, but did order a FQ bundle and some yardage of the light fabric. I've been following the excitement on the BH facebook group and can't resist, so will jump in and start the first block this weekend. Oh well, I tried to resist.
                  Have a peaceful day friends.
                  Michele
                  ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                  To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• KPH
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Alright, it wasn't one trip to Lowe's. The faucet wouldn't snug up to the old sink. My choices, a new sink or take back and find a different faucet with no extra shanks. The plumber only fixed the valve. Mike and I went to pick up a new sink and we got the faucet attached and started looking for the old faucet he said he was going to leave to get the hoses. He took the hoses and the old faucet with him. Not to mention, Mike had to catch him before he left because he didn't cut the water back on.

Jim came, Mike left for work. Third trip to Lowe's hoses and pipes to connect the drain. Crossing my fingers this will be it. We're waiting for the silicon to cure before we start attaching things under the sink.

All of the triangles are cut. My desk is higher than my dining room table so the squaring up process will start later. We'll see how I feel after the plumbing is done.
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                    X