Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!

Good morning friends. It is our last day of retreat. Hubby will be here later this morning to pick me up. He called me yesterday as apparently I have a dentist appointment this afternoon.

I think it is snowing again. It looks like we are expecting more bad weather for the weekend.

Jocelyn, (jkaiser) wait until you see the quilt. I am so very pleased with how it turned out. I will upload pictures when I get home. One lady brought her acccuquilt machine so we were able to play with it. I started another block that looked interesting in a magazine I saw. It is a dresden plate that you cut square. It looks reaaly nice.

That's it for me. Have a wonderful everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!

Good Morning Monique and those who follow.

Monique, it sounds like you've had a great week on your retreat! I can't wait to see your finish.

Yesterday was pretty unproductive around here. I did get the 10" squares cut from my solid black fabric. Now to find what I did with the batiks! Mercy!

Nana is taking the afternoon off. Her youngest daughter and hubs are coming back into town before they leave for Ireland. I'll have Zeke this morning and all three this afternoon. Mike is off, so they'll be able to have their bikes out this afternoon.

I told Mike we would go out for dinner tonight. I doubt that I'll feel like cooking after having kids from 7:30 - ?

Coffee's ready, time to get this day started with some liquid go juice. I have a feeling I'm going to need a lot of it this morning! Have a great day. Be creative.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Monique, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    We got about 4" of light snow overnight. It's pretty, so I will shovel it this morning. Temps are hovering just below zero, this is mild for our January. The squirrels and the rabbit are running around the yard, keeping the cats and us entertained.

I made dozens of banana choc chip dried cranberry muffins. I will drop off some to DD. I'm almost finished quilting the VQC top. Probably finish that today, add binding and sew by hand tonight. We had a lovely dinner at a Gastro-pub for a GF's 65th birthday. It was good but way too much food that late. When we came home I decided to clean the driveway. It was slushy snow, heavy but I was able to get it down to pavement. I want to keep up with it as we are expecting major storm this weekend.

We will run a few errands this morning, and I think it will be an easy day, as I have a headache, pain in my neck/shoulder and fingers. Took meds as I woke, so I will be moving shortly.

Monique - glad you had a productive retreat. I'm looking forward to seeing your finishes. I have to start thinking of what I plan to sew when I go away next month. I've learned to plan to finish less

Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

Dottie had a good night without getting sick. Little Sugar won't leave her side. She curled up with Dottie last night and they slept together until morning. Dot perked up a little last night after dinner time. Our vet called to see what's going on with Dot. He says he wants to do a thorough exam before we decide about letting her go. He loves Dottie and wants to try everything within his knowledge and skill to help her. We will have to make the decision about whether or not to put her through more treatment. I don't want us to make a selfish decision. This is so hard for all of us. Please pray that we will know the right thing to do.

Monique, going to the dentist as soon as you get back from retreat isn't fair! Glad you had a good time.

We have a winter storm coming tomorrow. Yesterday I ran to the store for bread and the only thing they had was stuff we don't eat. People stockpile supplies when a big snow and freeze are coming. Jeff will be home for 5 days starting tomorrow. He is using up his sick time before he retires next month. If he doesn't use it he will lose it.

Wishing everyone a good day. I will let you know how things turn out for us. Please keep praying.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. I am late getting here today for sure. It has been a busy morning but I am taking a little break.

Monique, sounds like you had a great week. Suzanne, be careful shoveling. I hope your storm this weekend isn't too bad. Katrina, good luck today with all the kiddos. We will have Henry this afternoon for the first time all week.

Barb, you are in my thoughts. So sweet that Sugar snuggled with Dottie last night. And it sounds like you have a very caring vet.

Ok, time to get back to the chores. We have done a lot around the house the last three days and it isn't looking quite as depressing as it usually does after taking down all the holiday decor. We did some rearranging and putting up pictures, etc. so it is feeling very neat but cozy instead of just bare.

Be safe all who are dealing with the storm coming across the country. We will be getting some gusty winds and colder temps the next couple days and then over the weekend we will get the precipitation. Not sure what it will be yet but it does look to be messy. We don't have any plans for Saturday and Sunday so we will just stay in and be warm.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have a temporary reprieve from the rain today but it will be back and bring some cold temps with it. Cold for us anyway, down to the freezing level and below.
    I am glad today will be decent as I am meeting friends for lunch then perhaps a little visit to Home Goods and Hobby Lobby.
    I was checking to see what I needed for a back and some binding for a top I recently finished and it looks like I have plenty in the closet to do both.
    I received an order from another distributor yesterday and I really need to stop ordering random fabric yardage relying on pictures and descriptions, two of the four fabrics are not what I envisioned color wise. I will use them eventually but just not as expected.
    Have a great end of the week then a very nice weekend folks.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thursday
    am just nipping in, managed to sign in when himself wanted the comp,he done a few hours, alas he worn out gone to sleep for 15 minutes, he requested wake him up,
    monique it sounds like you had a great week, also looking forward to seeing the quilt, no rush.
    suzanne wow what a great baking day,
    Bubby am hoping with all fingers crossed that Dottie rallies, sending prayers your way.

its raining here, both furrs are fully supporting the sofa, with himself squeezed in. am going to go an see if can make a few stitches, best wake him up as requested.
    have fun in whatever you do
    hugs T

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A quiet day around here and I finished a quilt top plus have a new quilting hoop so will get in some quilting this afternoon. There's a major snow storm headed our way for tomorrow--or should I say probably or maybe? or who knows since the last two "giant" storms predicted turned out to be nothing. Did get about 4 inches last weekend. Dh and I are finally 99% over the upper resp thing (coughing coughing coughing I thought it would never stop). We came down with it right after xmas so planning on spending tomorrow with our grandkids, wouldnt you know we will probably be driving home in that storm. They live abt 2.5 hrs away. Always something!
    Well one of our dd moved back home with us in Sept (temporarily lol) and Mon morning when she got home from work (3rd shift) she went out to shovel the sidewalk in front of our house. My dh has back problems so she wanted to beat him to the shoveling. Well shoveling in the dark plus wearing tennis shoes leads to --yeah you guessed it--She fell and has a fractured wrist. Her doc says she can work, wearing a brace and with 2# weight restriction but when she took paperwork to HR they said no she cannot work for 6-8 weeks. She is a picker at Amazon. She is so mad. But at least she can still drive and wash her own hair so I am glad of that!
    Monique, I can't wait to see your quilt! I can hardly remember the fabrics!
    Barb, a reprieve for Dottie maybe? Your vet sounds so wonderful and caring. And good that Jeff will be home with you for the next week or so.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I'm still trying to limit my time on here, so I decided on the afternoon when I figure Bonnie Hunter's blog will be posted, etc. I've noticed I've been getting more done around the house with limiting my time on the computer. LOL

Woo hoo! Laptop is here! I ran over this afternoon to pick it up from Staples. I have it unpackaged & out of the box, ready to take to computer lab tomorrow. I'm not going to even plug it in until I have expert help tomorrow to walk me through the process. DH took one look at it & exclaimed, "That's it?!" It's considerably smaller than my old 17.3" & more slim & compact. It hope it will be as dependable as my old one that has lasted 9 yrs. Now the learning process begins!

This morning I had banking to do. Since DH no longer feels up to going to the banks, any paper work that needs to be signed has to be brought home for him to sign, then returned to the bank. At least both banks were down on our end of town & fairly close by.

I started FMQ on the pinwheel quilt yest. I worked most of an hour & got 2 - 12" blocks done -- custom quilting. At this rate, I have 6+ hrs. of quilting yet to do on it.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post