Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday Already

Well, it's already Wednesday!

This week is speeding by. I don't have Zeke today, I guess. Or at least Jim isn't bringing him.

Jim found out his back/ shoulder problem is muscle spasms. So that ice pack that he was using wasn't helping matters. Heat is going to be his friend. Thank goodness it isn't spine related.

I won't have power a good part of the day. The electricians are coming to change out my electrical panel. Yippee. They're supposed to add a couple of outlets to the garage, and put the microwave on a dedicated breaker. Another yippee, so more than one appliance can be used at the same time.

I need to cut fabric, but with no lights, I may have to wait until they're done.

At 8, I'll be calling downtown again. I got an email saying my recycle complaint was closed, but the recycling is still sitting there. I think this new company is going to be a problem! They can expect a call from me every day until it's picked up.

Have a great day! Be creative!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks ktdid, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday Already

Hope the time without electricity is peaceful and short lived.

4. Thanks 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

We woke up late, but PJ nudged me to get up & refill their bowls. Last night was guild meeting. It was hard, but I resisted buying from the featured shop. The speaker did a trunk show of her quilts, mostly very small pattern that she designs & sells. Every month there's a FQ draw. You get a ticket for each one you bring, with a chance to win the lot. I won. Very pretty. Theme was snow, so a lot of snowflakes.

There's a teacher's strike today for all school boards. It's a rotating strike by city across the province. Provincial cuts have made it ridiculous to get quality education. My DD's 2 oldest will be with their other gramma today. She was a former teacher, so she will keep them busy.

Not much on the agenda. I want to make banana muffins. Tonight we have a surprise birthday dinner for a sailing/quilting friend who will be 65. It was hard to keep a straight face, as she sat with me last night and I asked if her DH was doing something special. We are expected to get flurries tonight into tomorrow, but it's not much compared to the storm predicted for the weekend. I hope to finish quilting a vQC quilt that is going to a recipient asap.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm. Stay cool and be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I finished the small inside out heart blocks. Now I need to get them put together. Before they are worked on anymore, I need to help the children each do a coinholder so they have them for their conference next weekend. Drs told dh that he would be off work until at least January 27. He didn't sleep well last night with all of the coughing so I didn't sleep well. I am hoping to get a nap in this afternoon between everything else that is going on.

Have a good Wednesday everyone

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Woot woot, the power is back on, brand new breaker box neat and trim. Another job done!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

happy Wednesday everyone,
    am nithered t bone today, lack of sleep and suspect me sensors are giving false readings, in home it was 21 degrees c at 5am, at 11am it was 16 degrees c with fire on and all windows closed. We could not put the boiler on due to a gent coming to get the hot water going, these folk do not like warm fingers, alas me got cold, due to another complication still no hot water. we live in hope and wonder.
    mischief furr���� has decided his heat sensors need me to re calibrate, its quite nice, he warm.
    apparently the weather is going to get cold again, first is another deluge with wind.it was sunny today so himself has been wearing his greens. have a grand afternoon / evening��
    T

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, VintageGalAnnie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon ~ I'm trying to limit my time here & on the laptop till the new one gets here on Friday. The external hard drive I ordered from Staples came yest. afternoon, 1 day delivery. Fast service.

Today was Bible study. Made a stop at Vit. Cottage. Kombucha was on sale, so I bought 6 bottles. Stopped by Chipotle's for take-out lunch. The chicken bowl makes 3 meals for me.

Yest. I did some practice FMQ on a sample block. I needed to play around with the tension till it was okay. I need to do some marking on the quilt top (small tick marks with the Frixion pen to mark the center of the HST blocks) for reference points for the FMQ. Might have time to get started on that yet this afternoon.

It was sunny & 50 deg. today. Mornings have been in the 20's with frost.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post