Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quilting Forums

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilting Forums

All the others I know about have shut down. Shame too, since several were quite friendly and comfortable.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    do not really go on other sewing forums, so not really much help there.
    have you checked out the groups section here?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

there really aren't too many big forums, I'm sad to say. I may be off the one you mentioned soon. I guess I will be in here more often and some delphi ones but they aren't busy either.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'll ditto the personable feeling of this forum. I was on some on believe it or not Ebay. For awhile many years ago there were some private groups that talked about and made custom clothing for children. It was set up as a main group and branched into several with different names. There were 'launches' and competitions etc. We helped each other with photos and HTML to make our listings look professional. It all disbanded when Etsy came along. I have some pics in my albums.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

QATW~Quilting Around the World. I love that forum and check in every day. Lots of quilt alongs and swaps. Love M*, too, but kind of lurk and watch what is happening. Miss some/many of the members whom I haven't seen post in long time.
    edit: I have been on QATW for several years. My experience has been wonderful. Lots of help/encouragement from other members and many fun swaps. I have learned a lot from the other members.
    I am not putting M* forum down. I have actually learned a lot here and do enjoy the threads and posts from all of you who have been here for a long time. I know you all have become great friends and share a love of quilting/sewing/crafting and you share your knowledge freely.
    Last edited by cv quilter; January 15th, 2020 at 08:18 PM.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evy View Post
    ....and until recently another popular one that recently changed their format. The new format is, in my opinion, awful. Very hard to read with new colors, fonts and such. Are there any out there that you all frequent?
    Thanks
    evy
    Yes, it's absolutely horrible. Proves the old adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

This MQ forum is very good but I'm finding it a lot quieter than it used to be. I only visit every few days and there's nowhere as many new posts as there used to be.

I think the quilting groups on Facebook are probably the most active forums these days.
    ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

7. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will definitely check out the QATW, sounds interesting. I love M* and think it's the best. I think it just doesn't have as much content as it used to and doesn't take long to read thru it. I do follow a couple Facebook groups and enjoy the ideas/comments on there. Quiltingboard just has too many posts totally unrelated to quilting and the moderators are not as personable or kind to be blunt as on here.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think Eleanor Burns has a Forum on her website, but I must confess, MSQC's forum and website is the ABSOLUTE best. No other forums or websites can beat MSQC's (in my opinion)

Name:  Blue Ribbon .jpg
Views: 161
Size:  10.3 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    QATW~Quilting Around the World. I love that forum and check in every day. Lots of quilt alongs and swaps. Love M*, too, but kind of lurk and watch what is happening. Miss some/many of the members whom I haven't seen post in long time.
    edit: I have been on QATW for several years. My experience has been wonderful. Lots of help/encouragement from other members and many fun swaps. I have learned a lot from the other members.
    I am not putting M* forum down. I have actually learned a lot here and do enjoy the threads and posts from all of you who have been here for a long time. I know you all have become great friends and share a love of quilting/sewing/crafting and you share your knowledge freely.
    Thanks for suggesting QATW. I checked it out on FB and joined the group.