• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

It's Tuesday!

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was the first day back to a normal Monday schedule, other than Mike was off. He worked on his brakes yesterday morning while Jonathan and I were home schooling.

We got a book in the mail for Melinda, picked up a gift card for one of the families at church from Publix and picked up dinner at Bono's. I even splurged for Banana Pudding for dessert. lol, Oh the Grandma, Did you bake cookies? I got last night. It was fun answering no, knowing there was something they'd like even better in the refrigerator. It's definitely Jim's favorite dessert.

Last night, at 9 I was ready for bed. I have no idea what happened in the Kid's Baking show. I was one worn out grandma. Jonathan will be here early again today. We'll get a lot done. We even had time to get me caught up on Latin yesterday. Not that any of it stuck in my brain!

Coffee's ready and I still need to get ready for the morning. I'll get my hair cut this afternoon. Yea! I haven't had it done since before Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful day. Be creative!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: It's Tuesday!

Good morning Katrina. I see you are up already. Well here at retreat no one else is up yet. I slept last night but really well. I may need more wine today, LOL!!

When I got here on Sunday there was a smell. It was thought to be something thrown down the kitchen sink. In any case, my friend put a pot of water to boil and when she turned on the propane element, another element also lit. UH OH!!!! We found the source of the smell. We assumed that the person who cleaned the stove had accidently moved the knob without realizing they had turned it on. WOW!!!! We opened the window and sat and counted our lucky blesssings. (Suzanne, mums the word please). It could have turned much worse. It was nice to have the whole place to ouselves. I took the single room.

I started working on my scrappy blocks that have taken me so long to make. 5" blocks wihich will work out to be 20 x 21 blocks. And I will still have some left over.

One of the ladies here brought 5 garbage bags of different fabrics to give away. And I spent no money, LOL!!

Our meal was done last night so we get to sit back and wait for the dinner bell and be served. Although I will be making buns for dinner tonight. Tonight is games night and there is the most beautiful blue layer cake to be won. I have been drooling. I would love to win it.

So today I will keep sewing my blocks together, although I may tire and work on another project. We will see how the day goes.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• baslp
      The Guild President
      • Sep 2012

Good morning. We will have another cloudy day and a high of 48. Rain will be moving in later this morn. Yesterday was a blur. I did a lot of running around. I did not do any sewing. I did receive the last of the scrapbook items I ordered. I will scrap mostly animal photos. I am off to the Dermatologist to have her look at a rash . Hopefully I won’t be waiting too long to see her. I may try to go to Joann’s after the appt.

Monique— sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished. How many days is your retreat.?

Have a good day.
      Beth

Comment

• Claire Hallman
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Rain is here, it will be soaking us for several days. I do believe the drought is over.
        I am about over my cold, just an infrequent cough or sniffle, thankfully.
        Yesterday I spent most of the day working on a puzzle, might get it finished today. I have done most of the fun colorful parts and now am down to the gray areas, I still will need to finish it.
        I also have about 1/8th of a throw to finish fm quilting and two others to start so my sewing room will probably be my haven today.
        Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• MRoy
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2011

Monique, that sounds scary...glad you're okay. It's 54 degrees in southern KY and supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. I'm not a fan of cold weather, but we need some germ-killing cold temps. There's lots of respiratory stuff going around and the warm, damp weather doesn't help. I'm enjoying the longer days (a half hr/day), more daylight helps my winter blues. I've got the binding sewn on a patriotic quilt for a veteran, just need to sew it down and it's done. I've got more blocks to make for DGD's quilt and I may start another project soon. I need to keep my "sew-jo" going.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• MaggieSue
            Missouri Star
            • Sep 2015

My sewing mo jo is gone. Anyone know how to get it back?

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Good afternoon.

We had to get up and go today for another early follow up appt for Dh's cataract surgery. He is healing well, but still wears sunglasses as the snow and light bothers him. It will get better. So we continue the drops for another 3weeks and start prep for 2nd eye afterwards. Lucky for him, it is overcast. We stopped for breakfast and then I went and got a manicure. Really needed it, nails were quite banged up from all the cleaning, sorting, moving bins in the sewing room. Just about everything that has accumulated in small piles are put away. I did find remnants of a train fabric I was looking for.

Yesterday I ran errands, visited with mom and had a wonderful dinner for my GF's birthday. There were 5 of us, and then we all came back to our house for cake. Two of the husbands joined us. DH ran the Polar Express that is still on the dining table. Today train & village came down and all packed, put away. Tonight is guild meeting

Monique - glad that you are enjoying retreat. It such a pretty setting, quiet until you get a bunch of quilters churning. Did you bring snowshoes? I tried it last year first time and really liked it. I let my friend turn on/off stove/oven. I'm not familiar with those.
              MaggieSue - one thing that works for me is to take out some fabrics that inspired me for a project. Just petting your fabric might inspire you. Watching YouTube video?

Have a good day.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Good Afternoon, Everyone ~ I'm just popping in for a quick Hi. I'm limiting my computer time until the new one comes. A notice from Staples indicates it will be in the store on Friday. Hope I can get it in the a.m. so I can attend computer lab in the p.m. Yest. I ran all my virus scans on "full scan" to make sure I had last min. anti-virus coverage.

It's a sunny 52 deg. Maybe I can get some sewing done yet this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                X