Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: After A Long Time .....?

Congrats on making the space exactly like you want!

A couple of thoughts about the office closet. They look nice and tidy. I tend to spread out tasks when using my desk so need lots of room.

First, think through the items you need to store and the activities you like to do.

Next, where will you store the other items (fabric) if the closet is used for a desk?

What size is the room? Draw it out on paper and try different layouts.

Have fun designing your space!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sugar ~ Having a phone in the bathroom is okay. We still have land lines in our house. DH ran phone cords from other rooms & phone jacks. There is a phone in each of our 2 bathrooms. I think we have at least 10 phones scattered around the house; 2 in the kitchen (his & hers), 3 in BRs., 1 in the LR, 1 in the fam. rm., 1 in the garage. The 2000 model cell phone I have stays in my purse. I turn it on only when I need to make a quick call to DH while I'm out & about. We plan to keep our land lines indefinitely.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    I think my main issue is that I really need to "quit" trying to be so frugal with this room. I have started to figure out that the only way and the best way for me to make this space my "happy place" is to make it how I want it.
    Yes! Make it how you want it! You will not regret it!

We had to rebuild the back wall of our house a few years ago - the original owners had enclosed the porch and turned it into a sun room. Which we used for office/guest/sewing room. But the roof was sagging badly, and water had been leaking in at the window sills (and it was years before we noticed because it never flooded - it wasn't until I moved a cardboard box that had a soaked bottom t hst we found it!)

Anyway, we couldn't fix it right away, finances were tight for a long time. Finally we had enough saved and down came the wall! Since it was such a huge job already, it wasn't much more to extend by about 3' and oh my! What a difference it made. And of course, since it was such a big job, everything had to be removed from the room.

When it was all done, I refused to just throw everything back in there. I planned out how to fit enough surfaces to be able to leave my sewing machines set up AND leave my computer set up. I bought a lovely new daybed with storage, some awesome shelves and drawer units - every bit of it from Ikea, lol! I still love it, and I'm so glad I decided to do it up my way and not just keep the same old things. It's been about 4 years now and the only thing I've changed was to get rid of a gateleg table that I wound up rarely using (I didn't realize at the time it wouldn't be a good height for cutting & ironing, so I replaced it with a rolling kitchen "island")