Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I wrote a lengthy post yest. about my laptop purchase, so I don't have a whole lot to say this a.m. It's chilly, 22 deg., supposed to be in the 40's. This a.m. will be church; it's my Sun. to play the organ. This afternoon I need to get started on my Bible Study lesson. If there's time, I'd sure like to get to the sewing room. With all the computer searching, there's been no time recently to sew. I hope everyone has a good day.

2. Thanks dwil23, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good morning Joy and others who follow,

I see another thread going today. We are having freezing rain today, and it rained most of yesterday, but above zero. Msost there will be a good base of ice when the snow starts later. We are under weather warning. Some parts of the province are getting flooding. Another good day to stay indoors.

I pressed VQC donated fabrics yesterday and finished piecing another 9 patch border top. I will sandwich and start quilting today. DH's oldest son dropped by with GD for a short visit and to talk about his brother's health and care. We hadn't seen since xmas dinner. GD is taking a sewing class with her cousins to make a reading pillow. She needed fabric to match FQ we gave them at xmas. She found some purple and picked an ombre pinkish batik for her sister. DH commented on how calm she was. I reminded him that each Grandchild is usually quiet on their own. It's total chaos and mahem whe the 6 are together. They just get excited and loud.

I hope everyone is keeping warm and safe. Monique - safe travels to your retreat.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Sunday everyone,

today has been a silence day here, himself is real bad with his health ailments, we had been out Friday, the bright lights had seriously affected him, today is the following of before, so have carefully applied a quilt over him, added his magnet head thing green glasses, and provided a bucket, both fur's are supporting him one behind knees one in front, they understand and are not purring. just being with him, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    have a great day
    T

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, VintageGalAnnie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

201 treadler, I will say a quick prayer for himself that he gets some good rest today.
    Went to church this morning and the main roads in town were in pretty good shape considering we had rain and 4 inches of snow not to mention below freezing temps. Waiting for 5:30pm and the Packer/Seahawk game. They are playing in Green Bay// This morning on the news they were hiring a few hundred shovelers at $12/hour to come and shovel the stands/sidelines/ and the field. We have real grass and No dome so if they are playing the stadium needs shoveling.
    I made seafood chowder for lunch today and it was good.
    Hope you all have a good rest of the day and that those of you wanting to sew got the opportunity.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a busy day. First day this year for me to go to church. It was nice to know I was missed.

Jim's home group met right after church. Mike got off at 12, so he picked me up. We went to Safe Harbor for lunch. We both had the special, Honey Teriyaki Trigger Fish. Oh my, so delicious plus no line!

I worked on jar openers this afternoon. That project is done and in the drawer. Some will come out this weekend. One of the church members is moving into their new house Saturday. I'm going to get them a grocery store gift certificate and put the jar opener with it. They had 6 or 7 kids, groceries are probably the best thing to get them!

Tomorrow home school starts again. Jim is bringing Jonathan. I told him be better call me to make sure I'm up! I pulled work for him for this week. I've got to clean off my table to get stuff organized. I have no idea if he'll bring his book bag or if anything will be in it or not. I'm prepared! Family dinner is going to be Bono's tomorrow! I figured teaching was probably going to be enough for me. I'll send Mike for a feast and extra veggies.

I watched the tutorial I'm going to make Morgan's parents' quilt for Christmas. I have the fabric so it's just a matter of cutting the solid into strips and 10'' squares to get started on it.

I'd better start working on finding my dining room table. I've been cutting fabric and having fun in my sewing room for the last few days. Reality is getting ready to strike!

Have a great evening. T, I hope you're feeling better!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post