Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Saturday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Saturday!

Mimi Howard, praying for your family. Hope things improve. Katrina, sounds like you know what will and will not work for you. I am in good health, and was amazed at all the folks that thought I needed a dog after my divorce. That was the last thing I needed. Still don't need one. I'm sure they are good company at times, but if I start feeling lonely, I either go inn the sewing room, curl up with a book, or go to bed. So far, it has worked for me. I did try taking care of DD's cat, but that didn't work for me either. I got no sleep because she wanted in my bed, and I didn't want that.

This morning was walking day. Did the typical 4 miles followed by breakfast with GF. WE then drove over to Weight Watchers meeting, as we both decided it was time to take action and get to feeling our best again. I'm still undecided about the last border for my brother's quilt, so I think I'm going to head over to the LQS and see what I think works best.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone....I'm the caboose today. We are having terrible weather and it's going to continue through tomorrow. Jeff worked until midnight last night and almost couldn't get home. We had extremely high winds and lost several trees in our woods. We also got almost 4 inches of rain in just a few hours. It just started snowing and freezing, so ice will be a big issue soon.

Take care and stay safe....hugs....

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to everyone!

I was a very bad girl yesterday. I'm desperately trying to cut my spending on anything regarding quilting, and for over a year I've been really good. I want to use my fabric and thread stash. Does anyone else have a stash of thread????

Well my daughter asked me to make a quilt using Stonehenge Solstice and I could piece it using a neutral color....I've got plenty of them. But I went to the Keepsake Quilting web site yesterday and just stumbled over a designer box of Aurifil (my favorite) thread; 12 spools that match the fabric. I do not have any of the colors, so no doubles. I hemmed and hawed but finally caved and bought it. Thankfully, it shipped just a couple of hours later and will be here Tuesday. I shouldn't have, but I'm glad I did. When it comes, I'll pet each and every spool.

It's very warm today and the wind is getting bad. We have a wind advisory here for tomorrow. Hubby and I took the dogs out for our daily walk and at times the wind was almost knocking me over. They are my daughter's dogs but she is at a job site in Ill. and living in MO. just across the river. The dogs are high strung and if not walked every day they start getting frustrated. At this point in my life I don't want any pets.....but you do what you have to for family.

It doesn't look like anyone is having a wonderful fabulous great kind of day, so I'll wish that the rest of everybody's gets better. Stay safe, stay warm, and don't get blown away.
    Barbara

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening everyone - I'm a little late to the party today. Rolled out of bed and started on a day of soup making - 2 huge pots of veggie soup and one crock pot of chicken noodle are ready for the freezer. I make my chicken noodle without the noodles because they tend to get mushy when you freeze the soup. So I just make it without and when we bring it out of the freezer we add either noodles or rice - works well for us. I absolutely love love love making soup so this was a very lovely day for me, however I'm pooped and just sat down with a tall glass of captain morgan and diet coke....after a very large bowl of soup of course!!!!

8. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds delicious, Carol!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I slept in this morning. I have been so tired this week. I slept really well last night so today I feel much better. DH brought me a cinnamon roll from Panera this morning to go with my coffee, then we headed to Amish country. I wanted to go to some bulk food stores to pick up some things that were on sale. One store had 90% lean ground beef for a great price so I got a few pounds of that and put it in the freezer. It was already vacuum sealed which was really nice. We also picked up some baked goods, staples, sliced meat for sandwiches and some cheese. It was really cloudy and gloomy today and started raining on the way home, but the temp is probably about 60 degrees. Had the windows open for a while. Hard to believe it's raining and in the 60's in the middle of January! Not sure what the evening will bring. DH is taking a nap and we'll probably just have sandwiches or snack for supper. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Praying for those who are not feeling well - so much illness going around right now.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina,
    Sorry to hear about your sleepless night due to Sadie. While I love dogs, and miss my Siberian Husky like crazy sometimes, there has to be something said for a cat that does their own thing, all you have to do is to make sure they have food and water and of course give them a little attention every other 10 minutes, but other than that, I think I'm getting to the age that I'm content with my 3 yr old "Mason" who is a Ginger colored cat.....He was from an Animal Shelter in the next county over, and I got him free because I was 62 yrs old and/or over when I got him.

Hope you got a good nap in!!!

Name:  dogrunning.gif
Views: 36
Size:  14.3 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post