Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Heard From Lenore in Australia

Some of you may remember our dear friend Lenore (Nidan) from Australia. She actually managed to make to one of our forum retreats. We keep in contact occasionally, and I reached out to her, to see if the fires had had any affect on them, and how they were fairing through all of the devastation her homeland is going through.
    They haven't been affected personally, but her heart is breaking by what is going on a very short distance from her, and the devastation her country is suffering. She talked about the loss of so many animals, and the devastation to their fragile ecosystem. While some of the fires were started by lightening strikes, and the extreme drought, she, like me, is amazed that several of the fires were intentionally set. Who thinks like that, and could do something like that on purpose?

She wanted me to let you all know that she thinks of the forum often, and to tell you all hi....but like so many of us, life just gets in the way.

She also mentioned that she was just in awe over the generosity of the 10's of thousands of people from all over the world that have been making joey pouches, nests, bat beds, and other items, that they need for the care and rehabilitation of the wounded and orphaned animals. On that note if you are interested in doing that, I have an organization that I can put you in touch with. I am making bat beds and pouches. So jump in and sew for the animals.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know I had been in touch with her.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Heard From Lenore in Australia

Thanks for the update. I was pretty sure she wasn't directly affected and happy to hear you confirmed that for us.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marilyn for the update. So heartbreaking.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    Some of you may remember our dear friend Lenore (Nidan) from Australia. She actually managed to make to one of our forum retreats. We keep in contact occasionally, and I reached out to her, to see if the fires had had any affect on them, and how they were fairing through all of the devastation her homeland is going through.
    They haven't been affected personally, but her heart is breaking by what is going on a very short distance from her, and the devastation her country is suffering. She talked about the loss of so many animals, and the devastation to their fragile ecosystem. While some of the fires were started by lightening strikes, and the extreme drought, she, like me, is amazed that several of the fires were intentionally set. Who thinks like that, and could do something like that on purpose?

She wanted me to let you all know that she thinks of the forum often, and to tell you all hi....but like so many of us, life just gets in the way.

She also mentioned that she was just in awe over the generosity of the 10's of thousands of people from all over the world that have been making joey pouches, nests, bat beds, and other items, that they need for the care and rehabilitation of the wounded and orphaned animals. On that note if you are interested in doing that, I have an organization that I can put you in touch with. I am making bat beds and pouches. So jump in and sew for the animals.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know I had been in touch with her.
    Marilyn maybe this would make a good group in the groups section to describe what's needed and post contact info?
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know that she is okay. Thanks for the update.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you M... just finished 2 crochet "beds"... if you have info for mailings please forward to me... thinking of some Joey pouches next! Hugs, GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I so enjoyed getting to see her when we met at the forum retreat. She had some lovely quilts ( in progress) that she shared with us! And she introduced Tim Tams to us, a decadent cookie made in Australia! I was ecstatic when I found these on the shelf at my local Target! Now every time I buy and eat TimTams, I think of Lenore! Thanks for the update on her, Marilyn!
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 11th, 2020 at 11:12 PM.

8. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post