• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Well it's Friday alright!!

Good morning friends. You know how I am always saying that my day doesn't go as I sometimes plan it to be? Well yesterday was no different. I was called to work at the last minute. Man oh man, was it cold out. It was a busy day at work with many many parcels to input. So the day went by quickly.

Today the temperatures will rise and we are expecting rain tonight into tomorrow. At some point tomorrow, late afternoon, it is supposed to change into freezing rain/pellets and then to snow into Sunday.

I will be selfish and pray that the roads will be cleared so I can get to retreat on Sunday.

I guess today I will definitely go over what I already have packed as far as projects go.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: Well it's Friday alright!!

Friday Hellos to all! ~ I thought we were supposed to get some snow today, but I just checked the weather site & there is no snow in the forecast, so that's good. I think the snow mostly will be in the mts. But it is going to be cold, only in the 30's. Monique, I hope your weather will be ok for getting to your retreat. I'd love to go on a sewing retreat, but it's not in the cards for me, what with my caregiving responsibilities.

Yest. I got the Tiara LA cleaned & needle changed. Except for waxing the table surface, it's ready for the next project.

One of my friends from Bible Study called in the afternoon; we had a good long gab for an hour. It had been a long time since we chatted. She lives alone, but does have family in the area. While she was in the hosp. recently, recovering from a stroke, her dau. had to put down her 15 y.o. dog, so she's missing her fur baby.

After lunch I'll be attending the sr. ctr. computer lab; one of the coaches is going to help me search for a laptop. He knows some other, more specific, ways to search that I apparently don't. So the search goes on.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Good morning all,

Well I am a bit less stressed this morning, and I'm praying nothing else happens. I feel like I am being bombarded from every direction. I really lost it yesterday afternoon. I read in bed and crashed around 10pm, but my back, hip & shoulder pain woke me up around 7am. I think I may have to restart pain meds. I visited mom, and told her I wouldn't be back til next Monday. With the storm we are expecting, I am not going out.

I remembered instructions from stewardess when I flew for work. If oxygen mask drops, put it on first, then help kids or other passenger next. I have to start applying that to my life metaphorically. I need to take better care of myself or I won't be any use to anyone else. I am going to ask the oldest step son to take over medical appointments for his brother. DH is of no use for family medical issues, barely manages his own. I feel bad as he has young family with 3 kids. I have to get over that guilt. Also got news that his DH dad in KS is not doing well. If something happens now, he won't be able to go.

Today, I need to contact LG for washer that's not working. Electronics won't turn on, but light inside drum is on. So not an issue with power. Then to get cash in case we have power outage. Gas tanks are full on cars, they are also both squeezed into garage. And I want to make some freezer meals of shepherd's pie and chicken meals with meats I bought yesterday.

My plan is to head to sewing room and not come out until the storm is over. Monique - I hope the weather and roads have improved in time for you to get to your retreat. Have fun.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Patty J
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Suzzane , Still sounds like your plate is pretty full. Remember to take care of yourself--rest a bit.

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Yippee, last night I had my first finish of the new year. lol, they were almost finished before the end of last year, but hey, I've been sick. I finished the last of the tree napkins. They're all pressed and ready to go into the Christmas drawer.

Now, on to the next project. I have my red and white ready to do my Secret Santa, but not all of the pieces I need, so that will have to wait a bit. I think I'll work on jar openers next. The Gourmet Quilter shared them before Christmas. I do have all of the parts for those. I could start on Brian and Tammy's quilt, or make Nana and Nandy's pillow cases. Two small projects or a big? Can you tell, I'm feeling better!

Jim's contacted a shelter in St. Augustine about a little terrier. Her name is Buttercup. We'll see what happens there. The other dog he found here, had a 375 adoption fee, I said NO to her. She was a scraggly little thing, but cute. I'm not sure what Buttercup's fees will be but I won't let them spend that much money, especially since he's not making as much money this year due to fewer classes.

Mike's off today, good thing, he had to work a double yesterday. We went out to dinner. It's been a long time since we had seafood. It was good. Not sure what today is going to bring, if a trip to St. A is in store or not, or if I'll have time to play in my sewing room.

Time to get my day started.... No more lazy days, next week starts home school again.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• KarenC
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. Hope you all have a good day today. Well after the laptop died yesterday afternoon, I went into the sewing room and worked on border #1. Today I had a dr. appt, which did not take long. Followed that up with a trip to the grocery store (badly needed) and Starbucks. Later I am meeting a GF for a movie and lunch. I did find a lightning cable while in the grocery store that works to charge up the work laptop, so I purchased it and put that laptop charging. They are predicting bad storms overnight tonight with strong wind. I should probably move things off the patio.

Suzanne, please take care of yourself. You still sound like you have no time for yourself. I know it's hard to put yourself first.

Joy, sounds like you have an awesome Sr. Center. What a resource to have. Hope you find your laptop soon. As for moving files from Windows 7 to W-10, it is pretty easy.

My housekeeper should be arriving soon, so I'm going to head into the sewing room and figure out this next border. Hope you all have a safe and relaxing day, even if only for a few minutes.
            Karen
            Spring, TX

Comment

• Cathy F
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Good afternoon all,
              We were on an overnight trip to our daughters in New Jersey Wednesday. Had a lovely time with her and my son-in-law. Arrived back home Thursday afternoon and had a nice visit with our granddaughter who stopped by.

Somehow by 11pm I wasn't feeling very well with some sharp stomach pains, slept till 6am got up for an hour and had chills so went back to bed tll 10:45, got up and sat in my recliner and promptly fell asleep again till after 20pm. Guess my body was telling me something. I will probably be up half the night now. Will have to find a good book!

Yesterday I brought my daughter's sewing machine home to set it up and then I can show her how to use it. She got it as a gift about seven years ago and has never used it. Being they just bought a new house it might come in handy, we'll see if it even works.

Well that's about it for me going to try to get up and get a cup of tea. Wishing all a good day and coming weekend!
              Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2013

Word of the day is ICE. The freezing rain is is icing everything. Public school was in session less than 2 hours before they cancelled classes. I happen to be out and was behind one of the buses when we stopped at a stoplight. In less time than it took for the light to turn green, my windshield had iced over. The road crews are out but having a hard time keeping up. Thankfully, many of the business in town closed early. These are not road to be out on if at all possible. I carefully made it to see Erin. I am glad it is only a few blocks from home to the hospital that he is at. He seems to be better today. We still don't have an idea for a dismissal date nor what is fully wrong.

The sewing room has been very still this week. I have brought my hand sewing with me and worked on it a little while waiting at the hospital.

Have a safe weekend everyone

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

Well, Sadie came home with us for an over night visit. Sadie will be going back to the humane society tomorrow. One visit with the kids, she was gentle and didn't seem to mind them. Jonathan followed her to my sewing room, and she scooted under my sewing desk. 20 minutes after the kids left, we finally coaxed her out.

Bless her, I do hope she finds her forever home. She's a nervous Nellie and scratches incessantly.
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Rhonda K
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2017

Happy Friday to all!

A quiet day with DH. Getting ready for the LQS annual holiday party on Monday that I'm helping coordinate. I made a FQ bucket for the door prizes. They are cute. I rolled FQ on a lollipop stick and wrapped a clear bag over them with ribbon. Stuck in a bucket with a styrofoam ball to hold them in. Plus we purchased the DD sets of block magazines. There are 12 more prizes there. We will have fun.

I want to play a game too. Just not sure if I have time to get it ready. Maybe we should play "ready or not". LOL.
                    Just one more stitch...

Comment

Working...
                    X