• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • URIBARRI-MAYOR
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Mantle of Flowers of the Virgin of Pilar

Good morning, the holidays are one and we return to normal life, to our quilting, the arrangement of the house,the forum, friends, and I am here again to tell you another of our traditions. The story I am going to tell you today is celebrated on two days, October 12 and 13 of each year in the city of Zaragoza (Spain) in honor of the Virin of Pilar, who is the patron saint of the city. According to historiaus the Cathedral as we know it today was completed in 1872 and since that year every October 12, people go to the Church to deposit flowers and food that was given to the needy of the city, but with over the years the flowers were increasing and so was the food, so in the 1940s they decided to place the Virgin in the Cathedral Square and that the people leave their gifts at the feed of the Virgin Of Pilar. As you can see from the photos I show you, it is a very important party, people from all over the community come dressed in native costumes and dance in honor of the Virgin.. Well I want to thank you for reading my thread and I know that we cannnot see all the wonderful things that are celebrated in each country and town but I wish you to know us a little more, serely you also have joiful and wonderful parties that you can tell us. Regards. Rosario90- OFRENDA DE FLORES- CATEDRAL DE LA PILARICA.jpg91 -EL PILAR- MANTO DE FLORES-.jpg92 -EL PILAR- LOS PUEBLOS.jpg93 -EL PILAR - GRUPO JORGE.jpg94 -EL PILAR- BORJA.jpg95 - EL PILAR - ZARAGOZA.jpg96 - EL PILAR--OFRENDA FLORAL.jpeg97 - EL PILAR- LA PLAZA.jpg98 - EL PILAR - ARAGON.jpg99 - EL PILAR- OFRANDA DE FLORES.jpg
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Mantle of Flowers of the Virgin of Pilar

WOW again, thank you.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

This is an incredible celebration with the people in costumes. So many people and so much joy!! Thank you for sharing this with us.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• justLyn
        Applique Angel
        • Oct 2018

It is wonderful to see people with so much pride and respect for their traditions and culture. Thank you for sharing these with us!
        Lyn in Florida

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
        🙄

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Beautiful celebration. Lovely costumes and tradition. Thank you for sharing.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2013

Wow, that's a lot of flowers! Thanks again for sharing your country's customs.

Comment

• NancyH
              The Guild President
              • Apr 2014

Thank you for sharing your traditions. I enjoy reading your stories. Please continue.
              Nancy

Comment

• Cokie
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2016

I love seeing this. Thank you for sharing so much of your country with us.

Comment

Working...
                X