• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

Amazon update

As predicted it was blame it on the holidays. But then it took a different turn. After the first guy, with a lovely Indian accent got all my info and asking me if I was sure I didn't get it I don't know how many times it went to a second lovely Indian accented gentleman. I'm only mentioning the accents because you have to listen very carefully to them.

This is where I was getting a little annoyed. Yes that is the right address, yes I'm sure I never got it about four more times. These are the items in question? about four times. I'm like, listen your site contacted me to contact you. It never left the warehouse or moved since the order. Don't you have a tracking # in front of you. IT NEVER GOT ONTO A PLANE TO MY STATE! After putting me on hold several times it finally came out. The carrier was never contacted to pick the items up.

I think he was flustered and almost perplexed with me when I said I don't want a refund, I want the items. It gave him more work. lol
    🌺 Lorie
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Amazon update

There are times.... customer service, oh my!

I just keep asking for supervisors.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• GuitarGramma
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2012

Oh, Lorie! That is so frustrating! I'm glad you stuck to your guns!
      Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• jjkaiser
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

So, are you still waiting for it then?
        Jocelyn
        South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
          So, are you still waiting for it then?
          Not for the first order, he had to do a new one. The first one is still on the shelfs.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• auntstuff
            Missouri Star
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by KPH View Post

I keep telling them to repeat and speak very slowly so I can understand. They DO seem to need the practice...
            She who dies with the most quilts is......
            Still dead.
            What's your hurry?

Comment

• KarenC
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2015

Oh Lorie, So sorry you are having to go through that. What frustration. I know what you mean about the accents. I am hard of hearing, and am having difficulty even understanding coworkers without an accent, much less those with accents no matter wehre they are from. Glad you finally are getting some resolution.
              Karen
              Spring, TX

Comment

• dwil23
                Missouri Star
                • May 2012

Originally posted by KPH View Post

My cousin worked for a call center for a LARGE Home Improvement company that everyone is familiar with. When a customer asked for a supervisor, they simply put them on hold, transferred them to the next available operator and told that operator that it was a "supervisor" call. He didn't stay there long.
                Donna

Comment

• Monique
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

Oh Lorie, I hope you FINALLY get those items you want. Good for you to stick to your guns.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• chelea
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

Not all items ordered on the Amazon website are shipped directly from Amazon...some are fulfilled by other sellers.
                    Michele
                    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• oldmanquilts
                      Designer Diva
                      • May 2018

Originally posted by chelea View Post
                      Not all items ordered on the Amazon website are shipped directly from Amazon...some are fulfilled by other sellers.
                      Yes, and I've had good, if not better luck, with Amazon's affiliates. As Amazon attempts to transition to a full fledged shipper of their own warehoused goods, they are hitting some potholes. Customer service is their main priority, and I have no doubt this will be fixed rather quickly. It's a huge undertaking- what they are doing, but they will get it handled.

I just experienced this problem for the first time in several years buying though Amazon. I had to request a refund this morning on a shipment either lost, or not shipped, or shipped elsewhere, or stolen. They have lots of communication about your "order" but none of it very helpful. Their last message (after apologizing for the delay 3-4 times) said, "It appears your package may be lost. Since this order can't be re-shipped, please apply for a refund." Done.

It's appears this problem isn't happening everywhere, but is more of a problem the closer you are to a distribution center. Some areas are too remote for Amazon to make the delivery, so it comes from the usual shippers.

As confident as I am that they will fix this in the next couple weeks, there's one thing I'm not a big fan of. I don't fully trust their delivery people. I think a porch cam is gonna be installed. Should I order it through Amazon? Maybe not! LOL
                      You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Working...
                      X