• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lbaseball06
    Shiny Thimble
    • Jan 2020

Hello from Central Florida

Hi everybody, I have just created this account. Please forgive me if this is not the place to do this but my wife and I have been trying to sell a Martelli Premier Work Station for some time now but with not much luck. It belonged to my mother in law and neither of us have a need for it. I have been using Letgo and Craigslist to do this and figure the audience is not there for an item like this. So, here I am to ask for everybody’s input. Where will I have better luck selling this item? Any underground markets online that I’m not aware of? Anybody interested here? I appreciate any input and help. Thank you!

Brian
  • Caroline T.
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2016

Re: Hello from Central Florida

Hi Brian, and welcome. Thank you for asking before trying to sell here. YSelling here is prohibited, but asking for suggestions of other sites I don't believe is.

So a couple of suggestions for you:

1. Facebook Marketplace

2. Make a few flyers, and go to your local quilt shops and craft stores. Ask management if they have a bulleting board that you can post your flyer on.

3. Contact local Quilting Guilds and ask if you can "purchase" ad space in their newsletter, or drop off flyers prior to their next meeting.

4. Visit local sewing machine stores, see if they will buy it - or be interested in selling it on consignment.

Good Luck!

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

I can't believe you're having a hard time selling it (even though selling it here is prohibited). I do hope you'll find a good home for it!
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Lbaseball06
        Shiny Thimble
        • Jan 2020

Thank you both for the kind replies. Facebook Marketplace will be my next stop. And thank you so much for the ideas about fliers and talking to local stores!

Comment

Working...
        X