Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday hellos!!

Holy moly the week is flying by and I have nothing to show for it. Again yesterday I didn't do a heck of a lot. I did pack my suitcase, that's something, right? This morning my neighbour wants to go to town to get some groceries, so we shall go together. Other than that, I really don't have anything specific on the agenda.

Have a good day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday hellos!!

Good morning,
    Monique - packing for a retreat is 'doing something'. It's a lot of pre-planning. You're going to have fun.

We need to check-in at hospital at 10am, for my husband's cataract surgery. He's nervous as he hasn't had many surgeries in his life. Also doesn't like anything done to head region. He jokes that this is where his 3 neutrons live, and they don't like to be messed with. Haha.

Part rant - I spent yesterday at ER with step son. We thought it was flu, based on symptoms but after day long of testing, bloodwork, X-ray & IV fluids, it's mono. I don't mind having been there with him as he is challenged, especially when processing a lot of information. Unfortunately he is stubborn. The doctor insisted to see him alone, and when she left, all he remembered was inflammation, virus. So later he got IV Gravol and when nurse removed needle, he slipped and mentioned mono. Doctor came back in and she opened a bit about assessment. I almost flipped. I also knew he refused throat swap for strep. I flew into him of dangers of untreated, and the doctor sort of shook her head. Let me preface this comment --- I will go to great lengths to help family and friends in health crisis, but when someone refuses to help themselves, that's where I have been known to lose it. This kid has had oral health issues since I have known him, which is one of the reasons we moved him out of our home. (Basically hasn't brushed teeth, I'm guessing since he was a teenager). I have been saying for years that he will get bacterial infections throughout his body, and I'm no doctor but this is becoming new reality. Mono is minor compared to what he will be facing. I cannot make this my problem. His dad will not be able to help, and this may fall on his brother or worse, his mother. It's time for him to do a POAs & will.

I was exhausted when I got home, and have only shared some info with usband, as he would not have slept worrying.

Wish me luck and send me some positive vibes for energy. I so wish I had handwork prepared to take yesterday and today. Maybe I can cut something before we go. I know for sure, there's a glass of wine waiting for me tonight.

Have a wonderful day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Monique, I can identify. I feel like I didn't accomplish much yest., too. I did do more web surfing about a laptop. I'm going to Staples today & take a 2nd look at a 17" laptop. It came back on sale at a good savings. I have other errands, too.

The only sewing I did yest. was to machine baste around the perimeter of the quilt & the sample sandwich. Sewing related, I did contact the owner of a quilt store in WA. She had written an article in our Country Register about the re-make of the Hugs & Kisses pattern. A different color way & placement of the blocks. It's a reverse value edition. I sent an e-mail, but it didn't go through, so I called her. Her name is Marlene Oddie. Her web site is KISSed Quilts. She's in Grand Coulee, WA. I enjoyed looking through her gallery of quilts. She's a LA quilter & had some beautiful quilts. I probably will order the pattern. And of course, I always read Bonnie Hunter's blog every day. They expecting snow in her area. I saw on the news they did get it.

Bible Study Fellowship resumes this a.m. I'm looking forward to getting back after the Christmas break.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I made it to Walmart yesterday. Laundry supplies were at the top of the list. Now we can wash clothes again! After that we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I brought home enough for my dinner.

Jim and Mike have gotten back into Pokemon, they bought 2 boxes of cards. They picked them up last night and I kept the younger kids while they were gone. Then came the trading session. Lol, what a time they had. I'm sure Jonathan will enjoy playing with them. I'm staying out of it.

The fabric I ordered for the Gourmet Quilters jar openers came yesterday. I have all of the parts now, so I can work on that. I still need to finish the tree napkins. An order from the FQS comes in today.

I'm going to make chicken salad today. Before Christmas I cooked 14 breasts in the instant pot and chopped them up and froze them individually so I could pull out what I need. I'm glad I don't have to worry about a lot of cooking to finish up the salad!

Mike will be home before I know it. Better get started doing something! Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....I'm having a slow start today. I got a lot done yesterday and went to bed early, Today is dog food cooking day, always a big mess. Now that I have an Instant Pot it should be a shorter process but likely just as messy.

I took another quilt top to my LAQer yesterday. I'm on a little bit of a roll finishing quilts but that will probably come to a halt when Jeff retires. He likes a lot of my attention and he will have to accept the fact that I have to sew. I have already told him that I'm done cutting trees and using the chain saw. He thinks I'm the Energizer Bunny. If you live in the country or on a farm you will understand. I know that several of us here work with animals, crops and woods.

Suzanne, I will be praying for your DHs eye surgery. I had both of my eyes done (one month apart) about 20 years ago and both surgeries were a breeze. The results are dramatic - he will see the world in a whole new light!

Monique, it's good to slow down some. I hope you have a great time on your retreat. I wish I had a place to retreat to that would allow me to bring Dottie.

I need to get moving and take the Girls outdoors for a little break.

Have a great day everyone......

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I "go-ferred" for DH yesterday, picking up tractor parts, so I went shopping too. I found out the only Tuesday Morning store near me has closed...shoot! I went to T J Maxx, but I'm not much of a maxinista and seldom find anything there. I ended up at Walmart to get lamp oil. Our power went out at night awhile back and I realized then that our kerosene lamps were low on oil. We're ready now if the power goes out again.

I've got great northern beans with country ham in the pressure cooker. DH loves them so he'll be a happy camper at supper. I'm getting on the treadmill soon....trying to build up my stamina and get in better shape. The treadmill is set up in the basement so I can watch Netflix while walking. That makes it more tolerable. Then I have two more quilting passes to sew and I'll have a quilt for a veteran ready to bind. Hmmm, I might finish the quilting then go to the treadmill. Happy Hump Day!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    Suzanne, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband for his eye surgery. It is stressful, but they have come a long way with this procedure. I had both my eyes done three years ago and all went well. I too was very nervous to have this done. I am sure he will be glad when it is all over.

I am sorry to hear about the issues your are having with your step son. I hope that all works out for you. You would think when the kids get older things would get better. I think the problems just get bigger. You can no longer send them to their room and they have a mind of their own. I always tell them that every decision they make no matter how small affects someone else down the line, but it never seems to sink in or they just don't care. I hope things turn around for you.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NancyH View Post

I am sorry to hear about the issues your are having with your step son. I hope that all works out for you. You would think when the kids get older things would get better. I think the problems just get bigger. You can no longer send them to their room and they have a mind of their own. I always tell them that every decision they make no matter how small affects someone else down the line, but it never seems to sink in or they just don't care. I hope things turn around for you.
    Unfortunately he's 33 and very dependent on us. He is challenged both physically, mentally & financially, but DH & I have always tried to explain that his decisions have consequences. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize the severity of his health issues, and that we won't be there for him as we get older. His brother will have to deal with this, God willing.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again and enjoying a rhubarb apple cider. I'm wiped again. We got home from hospital around 1pm. His surgery went well, we were told. I put DH's first set of 3 drops in eye, had a bowl of vegetable soup and went and did groceries. I cleared the snow in the driveway when I got back. He is feeling pain, so taking meds. We have follow up appointment tomorrow morning at 8am. Whoa! That's early for us.

I have washed some fabric donations for Victoria quilts and will press them tomorrow. We will make up kits for our group.

Have a good evening.

18. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you two all day!

I was so pleased with my cataract surgery results. I hope he has great results, next time it won't be an unknown.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post