Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Here from So Cal!

Welcome from Wisconsin, I start my day, almost everyday with a cup of coffee and a good read, about all my friends!!!

2. Thanks VintageGalAnnie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama

4. Thanks VintageGalAnnie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from Missouri. My daughter lives in SoCal (Old Town Orange). Glad you joined us!

6. Thanks VintageGalAnnie thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lyn, thanks for the welcome (I believe you about the friendly people - I'm kinda overwhelmed by all these wonderful welcome posts! )

8 ft. LOL! Between Ohio and California I spent 10 years of my childhood in Southern Florida! (North Miami Beach, Miami, and the Keys)

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely thing you two are doing for your grandson! Thanks for the welcome - I think I'm going to like it here!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Thanks for the groups suggestions! I'm not on fb, but I know quite a few of the fb vintage sewing machine and treadler peeps there from other groups/forums. I'm in Treadleon, which moved from yahoo to groups.io, as Kim (Anne is my middle name, but there are two Annies on TreadleOn already! LOL) I so appreciate the nice welcome - still getting familiar with how this forum works so hopefully I am posting correctly and not making any mistakes!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Suzanne, Yes, Canada is a lot colder! We live at higher elevation than most here so unlike most of SoCal we do get snow several times a year, and regular freezes. The quilt guild I just joined is in Wrightwood, home to a small ski resort (Mountain High). We had a white Thanksgiving and a white Christmas this year! (a first!) We still have snow on the ground in patches from the 14" we got on Christmas night and Boxing Day. You guys have real winters though - our snow usually is only a few inches and melts the next day - I don't think this CA/FL girl could handle a real "way up north" winter. Thanks for the groups suggestion - I found the vintage sewing machine group! See ya round the block!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh...Basque Country! Pleased to meet you! We love Basque food. We travel up to Bakersfield for dinner at Woolgrower's and Noriega's for special occasions! My goal this winter is to try my hand at making their wonderful vegetable soup! Thanks for the welcome!!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Neighbor! Thanks for the nice welcome! I didn't recognize Eleanor Burns by name (I'm afraid I am not up on all the gurus I guess) but did recognize Quilt in a Day! Boy you make a girl work for the information, lol! So you'd be down San Diego way... I'm way up by Wrightwood. I met an amazing art quilter from down your way this past fall - Linda Anderson. Wow.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I know Old Town Orange - great place to go antiquing! (another hobby of mine - mostly lookie-loo though - I just love old stuff ) It's a good two hours south of me though so I don't get to go there often. Thanks for the welcome!