• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Tuesday hellos!!

Good morning my dear friends. I didn't sleep worth a darn last night, don't know exactly why. So I may need a nap later.

I had a great day yesterday. Hubby and I ate breakfast out to start our day. I got a parcel mailed off and then I went to my friend's house for lunch. From there it was off for my foot massage and it was heavenly. Stopped at my sister-in-law's for a coffee, met hubby for supper at the same place we had breakfast (gift certificate was used). So all in all it really was a great day.

Today hubby is taking his brother to Ottawa for an eye appointment. I am not going to go. I think my sister-in-law will be going with them. I don't expect they will be back until close to supper. So I shall have the whole day to myself. Not sure just yet if I will sew or just pack for my retreat. I will revisit the projects that I have already in my bag.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • BarbaraB
    Designer Diva
    • Dec 2016

Re: Tuesday hellos!!

Good Morning everyone!

It's trash day here and we get up at 50 to get it outside just before the truck comes. We have a bear problem and can't just leave it outside. It's our schedule summer and winter. On the plus side, we always know when it's Tuesday!

Yesterday I cooked a huge pot of vegetable soup, there are leftovers in the refrigerator and food in the freezer......no cooking means there will be quilting going on here. Yesterday I got half of a lap quilt quilted, so hopefully today I will get the other half done. I thought I'd get slick and I marked the quilting lines in chalk (I've paid attention to the horror stories of the quilting lines that won't go away), so today, since all the lines have gone away, I will need to remark the quilt.

As soon as it gets light enough, I'll be going to Walmart for some supplies, then the post office to send off a package, and then I'm going to settle in for a hopefully delightful and productive day.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
    Barbara

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      Missouri Star
      • Aug 2015

Good morning Monique and all who follow.

Oh I was up way too early with so many things to do buzzing in my head. Last night I took a call from youngest step-son. He could barely talk and was coughing. He needs to get to a doctor asap. He's been sick for last month, getting progressively worse. He doesn't eat properly and has horrible oral health hygiene. When he lived with us, this was my contention, that his poor habits and lack of housecleaning (which caused mold in his bathroom, requiring a gut ob when we moved him out). He has had a cough as long as I have known him, which is annoying, but now it has gotten worse. I will go this morning with him, as DH should not be near him as he will catch this. His resisstence is not that strong. He has to stay healthy for surgery tomorrow and next month.

Everything else I had planned today will have to be set aside. I went to Victoria meeting yesterday afternoon. There were fewer ladies, but we got a lot done. I brought an older Husky which is lighter and my 1/4" foot fit, but I didn't realize the needle did not move to right, so I had to set an imaginary line. It also doesn't have the needle down position. I had to use wheel. Funny how you get used to small features. I got all the blocks attached in rows. I dropped off 6 quilts & bags to area coordinator. She was bringing 27 quilts to head office today. I also picked up chicken and lean ground beef on sale. I need to start making freezer meals, just don't know when as my day has been re-organized. Seems to be my life. I will try and drop by to see mom.

I see that Sydney, Australia got some rain. Now if it could rain enough to put out fires. Have an enjoyable day.
      Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Milder temps. today. We might see 60 tomorrow. The days have been sunny.

Yest. a.m. I did 4 loads of laundry. In the afternoon I finished the sample sandwich, then sandwiched & pin basted the pinwheel quilt. It needs to have the edges machine basted, then I can start the FMQ. I watched one of Jenny's tutorials I missed a couple weeks ago. Also watched Donna Jordan's latest video. I see the Wiggles panel & fabrics are back in stock. For dog lovers, that's the cutest fabric.

Barbara B ~ Where do you live that you have to be careful with your garbage about bears? Where we live we are able to set our toters out the day before. However, folks living in the foothills & in the mts. have to be careful -- also to keep their cars locked & not leave any food inside. Bears will wreck havoc on a car interior. They are smart enough to open an unlocked vehicle. People even have had their houses broken into. Ground level windows & doors need to be kept locked at all times, esp. in the fall during the feeding frenzy prior to hibernation.

Suzanne ~ I hope your step-son gets well soon. Hope your DH's surgery goes well.

Comment

• Ginny B
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Good morning all. It's a bit of a grey one here this morning. I am happy to say I am feeling much better this morning than I was yesterday. I woke up yesterday with my throat feeling on fire. I had caught hubby's cold. Grrr I felt it coming on the day before but it wasn't too bad. I spent yesterday gargling with salt water and drinking lots of tea and water. Happily we had some soups left over from Saturday's soup and sandwich get together with my sons and sis so that made for a welcome lunch.

I didn't have the energy to do any sewing yesterday. I basically just stayed in my comfy chair and watched a bit of tv and read and did some stuff in the computer. I did cut out some pieces for my next Farmers' wife block but didn't stitch anything. Maybe today. I do need to do some laundry first.

Monique, sounds like a really fun day yesterday. Enjoy your alone time today. Barbara, I hope you get the second half of your quilt finished. Suzanne, hopefully your step-son will get better quickly and your hubby's surgery goes well. Joy, sounds like another productive day for you yesterday.

I've been up for an hour and a half and have accomplished nothing but drinking a cup of tea and feeding the cat so I suppose I should get to the laundry. Have a good day all. I hope it includes some stitching.
          Ginny B
          Levittown, NY

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2014

Good morning all,
            I'm sure enjoying the NC weather while I'm staying with DS and DIL. They were off at 4:45 this morning to go to the hospital for inducing her. Hopefully it will be quick for her, and we'll see that baby girl later today. I'm at their house taking care of my 3 yo grandson.

Comment

• baslp
              The Guild President
              • Sep 2012

Good morning. We are suppose to get rain and then a little snow this pm. I did not get any sewing done yesterday. We had a busy afternoon with our house cleaner and heating company tech arriving at the same time. I was on dog and traffic control.
              Today I have a massage and then later in the afternoon I get another spinal injection. It is a full time job keeping my body going. I also have to find time to walk the puppy for 10 min a day two times a day. I am trying to est. leadership and heeling.
              My son will make dinner tonight, so I may be able to get another row sewed onto my quilt.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Beth

Comment

• KPH
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

Good morning everyone, (well barely morning),

Yesterday was pretty busy for someone that hasn't moved in it seems like forever. I did laundry, stripped my bed, washed everything! Put the sheet back on and pulled out one of the quilts that I made for Mom. It's not quite long enough for my bed, but the extra pillow cases I made for my sticks and stones quilt have the same colors so that's that! I may look for some of the Pansy fabric, but it's been so long, I doubt that I'll find it.

Mike took me to lunch at Soupa, I've been wanting to go since it opened. It has a Dragonball Z theme with one of the characters, life sized, at the front door. I had Pho, Mike had the Trifecta. We both brought home left overs. He finished his up at dinner time. I had seconds at dinner and still have enough for lunch today. It actually tasted better last night warmed over!

The Christmas quilts are all washed, folded and ready to go back into the cedar chest. I'm not ready to move all of the kids toys to put them up! lol

I have to go to the store today, Lysol is the first thing on the list! He's about ready to head out, I'm not quite.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Maybe I'll be a little creative today? I need to go in and clean up my sewing room again!
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• chelea
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

"My son will make dinner tonight, so I may be able to get another row sewed onto my quilt."

Every time I think it's a good idea for my DH to make dinner so I can sew a little longer I wonder "what was I thinking"...every pot, pan and utensil gets used, every counter is a mess and he leaves it all for me to clean up. That's the deal, one of us cooks, the other one cleans up. I clean as I cook. And I never, never learn, hahaha.
                  Michele
                  ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                  To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2013

Good afternoon! For us, 2020 is off to a rough start. DH has had 1 urgent care visit, 3 Emergency Room visits, now a hospital stay and we are only on day 7 of the new year. The doctors are still trying to figure out what is going on and are trying get his pain under control (day of not being able to find the right pain control). On the plus side, he is at the local hospital which makes it easier for me to also do what needs to be done at home. The other big already for this year was my Uncle’s funeral on Saturday.

On Sunday, I worked on creating a pattern for the boys who want a coin pouches to carry. And I was able to get two sewing projects ready to sew for our local group’s sew day on Wednesday. But it looks like sewing with the ladies may not happen on Wednesday as they are looking at keeping dh another night.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
                      Good afternoon! For us, 2020 is off to a rough start. DH has had 1 urgent care visit, 3 Emergency Room visits, now a hospital stay and we are only on day 7 of the new year. The doctors are still trying to figure out what is going on and are trying get his pain under control (day of not being able to find the right pain control). On the plus side, he is at the local hospital which makes it easier for me to also do what needs to be done at home. The other big already for this year was my Uncle’s funeral on Saturday.

On Sunday, I worked on creating a pattern for the boys who want a coin pouches to carry. And I was able to get two sewing projects ready to sew for our local group’s sew day on Wednesday. But it looks like sewing with the ladies may not happen on Wednesday as they are looking at keeping dh another night.

Have a wonderful day everyone
                      I hope he turns the corner and they can get a handle on what's wrong and can fix it quickly.
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• BethB
                        The Guild President
                        • Oct 2014

Well, we have the "S" word falling right now. We are only supposed to get 1-3 inches but it looks like there is already 1-2 inches on the ground. It is so pretty --- big, fluffy flakes --- but I worry about my son, daughter and son-in-law driving home from work in it. My son has to go over a mountain, with several big curves, to get home. I will be glad when I hear that everyone has made it home.

I was at my quilt guilds retreat from Thursday to Sunday of last week. It really started on Wed, the 1st, but I didn't go until Thurs because of the holiday. It was a lot of fun except a couple of the people I usually sit with were not there so it made it a little strange. I was able to finish piecing one quilt top and started working on an advent calendar. First one of those I have made.

Friday morning at the retreat my phone rang at 7:15 in the a.m. I didn't open it because I didn't recognize the number. They left a voice mail --- turns out it was Lowe's telling me they were finally delivering my new fridge between 9 and 11 that morning. I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes, ran downstairs, picked up my purse and coat and drove home. I first had to stop at my nieces to pick up a cooler to put the things from the loaner fridge/freezer into until the new one came. I made it home by about 8:40 and got the fridge cleaned out and waited for the delivery. They came about 10:30.

Problem: The builders plumber had put in a 3/8" connection in the wall, but the water hose they had left was 1/4" on both ends (standard for most fridges). They set up the fridge and then I had to get in touch with the head contractor. He came by, took the hose and went to speak with his plumber. They sent someone out to get the required part and came by and installed it. After getting everything back into the fridge/freezer and taking a shower, I headed back to the retreat --- time of arrival about 4:45. It had taken me all day. I then had to leave early on Sunday because my one granddaughter was having her first ski lesson for this season and I had promised her I would go and watch. Her older sister wasn't able to go (she snowboards) because on New Years Day, she fell after going over a jump and has a mild concussion.

Guess that is all for now. Still snowing --- I think it is over 2 inches now. Hope everyone has a great day --- at least what is left of it.

Nancy

Comment

• JCY
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jul 2013

Back again ~ I forgot to mention this a.m. that my BLOCK magazine came yest. I sat right down & read through it! It's always a delight.

Today I read through the latest issue of The Country Register -- ours is the CO/NM edition. One of the quotes was this:

"In the Quilt of Life, Friends are the Stitches that Hold it Together." I think this Forum speaks to that. Many of us quilters will never meet in person, but we can be friends in cyber space & help one another.

Before I can begin FMQ on this latest quilt, I have to clean my LA & change the needle. Have a good rest of your day.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2015

Good evening all,
                            What a long day at the hospital with step son. He was run thru triage and admitted fairly quickly. Fever and high BP, suspected flu. They gave him Advil. Waited for X-rays and blood work. Then he got IV fluids for dehydration, while waiting for results. Then he saw doctor, I'm not in the room so he can't remember what she said he had. Then more IV Gravol for nausea. After all that, he remembers she said it was a virus and he had no Rx. That's what she said, so no meds. When the nurse came to remove IV needle, slipped and said something about mono. I said what? Oh, he said he would send in doctor. SS is challenged but can make legal decisions, so I try not to overstep, but if it comes to health, he needs to have someone there as he cant process. Anyway, he has mono. I freaked, as he has probably had this awhile. I dropped him off and went to pick up Advil & Gravol, and groceries. When I got home, I changed and we went out for pasta. The only food besides a small piece of banana bread and coffee all day.

I'm resting and will be early to bed. Driving DH to same hospital for cataract surgery.
                            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2018

Hi everyone
                              Hope your SS gets better soon Suzanne, hope the surgery goes well for DH.
                              Sorry to hear your hubby in pain in hospital, simply quilting hope can resolve soon.

Been a under quilt day here, my energy just went and thought staying put was the best way to hopefully have it back tomorrow.
                              Its very windy here, we can hear the swirling and howling down chimney, fires out as it keeps trying to be a blacksmiths forge.
                              saw the weather for Friday, might be floating sparkles dropping from the sky. did anyone see Raymonds Briggs 'snowman' this last December, it was the first year managed not to have wet eyes, then the snowman and snow dog came on, oh dear, am amazed by all the hand drawing to create this, what dedication.
                              have a great evening
                              T
                              🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

Working...
                              X