Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Australia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Australia

Thought I saw a place that accepted sewing donations (bat bags, kangaroo pouches, etc) and gave information on how to make them. Does anybody have any info? My GD and I would love to make some. Thank you

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Australia

These are sites listed on a machine embroidery site that is offering a free Mini Wildlife Rescue Pouch.
    https://mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/arfsncrafts/
    https://designsbybabymoon.com/collec...uch-10-x-15-cm

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

There's a wonderful group that has been set up in Oz to make cooling neck scarves for the firies. They are filled with water storage crystals which form a gel when wet. Apparently the firies are loving them and they are helping to keep them cool. A lot of people overseas have been making them and not filling them with the crystals. They are are forwarded to collection point here in Australia where the water crystals are inserted then they are distributed.

This is the link on Facebook

Https://m.facebook.com/groups/2121038621331981

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftychris View Post
    There's a wonderful group that has been set up in Oz to make cooling neck scarves for the firies. They are filled with water storage crystals which form a gel when wet. Apparently the firies are loving them and they are helping to keep them cool. A lot of people overseas have been making them and not filling them with the crystals. They are are forwarded to collection point here in Australia where the water crystals are inserted then they are distributed.

This is the link on Facebook

Https://m.facebook.com/groups/2121038621331981
    Hi Chris! I think I mentioned that I lived in Australia for a couple of years. There are a lot of Australian abbreviations that most Americans need translated. I was constantly asking people, "What does that mean?" So here goes:

Oz = Australia

Firies = Firefighters
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the great ideas! We are excited to make some - Thank you!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting idea. I was at a quilt group today and one of the ladies mentioned that some of her friends were making pouches. One of the ladies is going on a cruise, and is packing them up to bring. I can't believe that cruise ships are still running near the smoke, but I guess...

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    Hi Chris! I think I mentioned that I lived in Australia for a couple of years. There are a lot of Australian abbreviations that most Americans need translated. I was constantly asking people, "What does that mean?" So here goes:

Oz = Australia

Firies = Firefighters
    Ha ha - that's very funny!! I'll try and be more explicit in my terminology. Things on the fire front a lot quieter and a bit cooler today. Fire crews able to start doing cleanups. More hot weather coming at the end of the week.

9. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post