Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Ex-Step-DGD Needed a New Quilt Too!

ncgrammie,
    This is an amazing quilt! I'm sure that your Step-Granddaughter will love it. I have a step grandson, who just turned 23 yrs old and still considers me his Grandma. He is lives in another state now, and he calls me almost every holiday, and some days like National Smile Which is in June (so he says, I really don't know for sure) National Quilt Day, (you get the picture.....he calls me a lot)

My DH & I resisted letting him call us GMA/GPA because we were afraid my DD wasn't going to marry his dad. Once they married in 2001, we gave him a photo of him & my DH & I on his last b-day before his dad & our daughter married. The thing that broke my heart when we told him it was okay to call us Grandma/pa he smiled and said "What should I call you?....I was a little amazed that he asked that but when he said "Well, I have 3 other grandmas, and they all want me to call them "Grandma Barb, Grandma Carrie, etc. When we told him he could call us whatever he wanted he said " Can I call you just "Grandm/pa" ???????
    (yup, Just Grandma/pa is just fine....)
    Well, of course we said yes. All of his other Grandmas were VERY young grandmas and didn't like being called Grandma as they felt they were too young to be a "Grandma" LOL!
    (Silently I thought to myself "Well, you are the ones to wanted to be pregnant at such an early age, Of course you don't think of yourself as a "Grandma!!!" LOL!)

Anyway, the quilt is gorgeous!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful quilt! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing it with us

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A very special gift for a special girl. Priceless.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's a fine quilt.....love it!!!!