Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prince Edward Island

I'm going on a cruise along the New England/ Canadian shores in Sept. One of our stops will be on PEI in Charolette Town. I remember that someone (Monique?) went there. My question is: Is there a not to be missed site for us to see near or around Charolette Town? We like woods and nature. Thanks for reading this and answering.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prince Edward Island

Good morning Patty. Yes, I have been to PEI many times. Depending on the amount of time you have, check out below. It is all within walking distance.

https://www.discovercharlottetown.co...o-do/shopping/

If you are looking for a quilt store, you will have to take a taxi there. http://www.quiltingb.ca/

In and around the harbour, at the boardwalk you will find all kinds of little shops.

https://www.lobsteronthewharf.com/ is where we buy our seafood. We have not eaten in the restaurant but their lobster bisque is the best.

The information booth is also there at the harbour.

https://www.discovercharlottetown.co...charlottetown/

I suggest you take yourself on a walking tour as there are some really nice old churches to see.

Check out the link to the website. I am sorry I can't offer more than that. It really all depends on how long your stay will be Charlottetown.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Patty,

I've been many times as well and Monique has linked you up with the popular sites. I guess it depends how long your stop will be. I know on cruises you don't always get a full day.

There's lots to see and do in Charlottetown, legislative buildings if you are history buff. This is where the fathers of Confedeation signed to form Canada, although at that time it sidnt include all the provinces and territories.

If you ever read Anne of Green Gables, then this is the place to go, although you would have to grab a cab or hop on a tour. You can eat lobster and seafood at every restaurant downtown. My DH had never been, so a few years ago, we went. We had lobster for lunch and dinner as a main course or apetizer, and even some breakfast with lobster. Then there's the beaches, white sands and dunes. We have stayed at Dalvay by the Sea, which was the site of many stories in the book and movies, and also a place where the Royals loved to stay. Very historic.

You will enjoy your visit.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Patty, we're considering a cruise to the Canadian Maritimes in the fall. Which cruise line are you going with, if you don't mind me asking?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realise that the cruise ships passed in front of our campsite, LOL!!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Since we didn't make it there last September because opf hurricane Dorian, we are going to try booking again.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the answers. We are on PEI from 10am to 6pm. We going on the Celebrity Summit. We were on our first cruise to Alaska on her and loved the size--Not too big a ship. It doesn't have wave boards, climbing walls or things like that. We like that about the Summit. Being senior citizens we don't need that. Is the quilt shop worth the ride there? Might have trouble getting dh to agree.
    We love looking at old churches and buildings. Just think of all that history that happened in front/back of the buildings.
    We will probably do the walk about. Thanks again of course I will Need some lobster, Gotta have strength to walk around. LOL

12. Thanks chelea, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter is moving to Maine in a few months. I have always wanted to go to PEI so maybe I will get the chance once she is up there. Better get my passport.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patty J View Post
    Thanks for all the answers. We are on PEI from 10am to 6pm. We going on the Celebrity Summit. We were on our first cruise to Alaska on her and loved the size--Not too big a ship. It doesn't have wave boards, climbing walls or things like that. We like that about the Summit. Being senior citizens we don't need that. Is the quilt shop worth the ride there? Might have trouble getting dh to agree.
    We love looking at old churches and buildings. Just think of all that history that happened in front/back of the buildings.
    We will probably do the walk about. Thanks again of course I will Need some lobster, Gotta have strength to walk around. LOL
    If you needed to fill in some time, the quilt store is an alternative. I didn't go there last year. For sure that restaurant has the best lobster bisque, yum yum.