Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Monday of 2019

Good morning,

It's the last Monday of the year, and it is going to be a doozy. We are under freezing rain storm warning. I've been up since 4am, with strong winds and the boys fighting on my side of bed. The fur is flying. I'm definitely not going out. We managed to get both cars squeezed in the garage. Hopefully we will not lose power.

Monique - I hope that you have power, and you aren't here because you've decided to sleep in. I hope everyone made it safely to your place.

I helped mom with lunch yesterday. She is determined to try and eat herself, but she gets tired. After lunch she wanted to go for nap. She is still concerned about her looks, and did put on lipstick. She hasn't been able to comb her hair for awhile, so they do that for her.

I finished handsewing the binding on purple batik quilt. I also finished piecing a hexagon top that was donated and I made it larger to meet VQC specs. It is sandwiched and ready to quilt. I also put the blocks for a 9patch border on point quilt on design wall. I should be able to see it together today. These are for VQC. I might put together a few more microwave cosies but for plates.

Have a enjoyable day. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Last Monday of 2019

Good Morning!

It is very windy here -- a cold front is on its way. Temps will drop throughout the day. I'm going to run up to the grocery store this morning.

Mom had a better day at the facility yesterday. She had her hair cut by their stylist and ate lunch in the dining room. They did not call me in the middle of the night last night, which was a relief. My sister went to visit her yesterday. I planned to go today, but I'm not sure that's a good idea. Mom thinks we're there to take her home and gets very upset when we tell her she needs to stay. I will call the facility in a little bit to see how she's doing.

I go back to work on Thursday. It's nice to be off, but I am looking forward to getting back to the usual routine.

Have a great day!

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Mighty chilly this a.m. Only 12 deg. High expected to be in the 30's. Temps. are to moderate into the 40's later in the week. Maybe we'll get some snow melting.

I never made it to the sewing room yest. I just took it easy all day. In the eve. I watched my usual TV program, through which I dozed. I turned off the TV at 8 p.m. Instead of getting right up, I thought I'd rest just a bit more. Much to my surprise, I didn't wake up until 10 p.m.! My goodness, I missed supper! My blood sugar was low. My usual pattern is to have a snack while I watch the eve. news, then eat supper about 8 p.m. Well, I wasn't going to cook at 10 p.m., so I just had a snack & got ready for bed. I guess I was more tired than I realized.

I'm still shopping for a 17.3" laptop. Jan. 14 will be here soon, so I need to find something ASAP. Today will be the usual laundry & whatever else I decide to do. The year is almost gone, & a new year & decade await.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. We are having a bit of a grey, rainy day but no ice as far as I know. Didn't catch the weather last night.

The weekend was pretty busy. We sadly spent Saturday at a funeral home for the wake and service of dh's bil. It was so crowded all day. Got to talk with so many people we hadn't seen in a while. Then yesterday was a much more fun day. We went to Vicky and Kenny's and Kathryn and Joe came over and it was fun having them and the 4 kids all together. We celebrated Christmas and hubby's birthday (which was Saturday). The grands were all thrilled with their gifts and Max loved his quilt. While I was happy that the kids all loved their gifts, it especially touched my heart at how excited they were to give the gifts they picked out for each of us with their own money. Henry told us exactly why he picked the gifts he did. He thought about each one. It was very heartwarming. We headed home about 3 o'clock and on the way I started feeling really tired and achy. I changed into my pj's when I got home and snuggled up in my comfy chair and wound up falling asleep for a couple hours. Felt better when I woke up but still wiped out. We didn't even have a proper dinner. We really weren't hungry after the yummy brunch we had and then the birthday cake etc. so we just sort of picked on leftovers. I am feeling a bit better today. Just a little achy. It could be the dampness getting to these bones.

So today I will just do a bit of laundry and spend some time in my sewing room. The machines need cleaning again and I have a bit of rearranging and putting stuff away that needs doing. There are a lot of things from my Secret Santa that need to be brought up from under the tree.

Be safe everone. Some nasty storms across the land.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think today would be a good day to get out, I have not left the house since Christmas and am feeling a bit like a hermit.
    Most of the Christmas decor is down, just need to undo the mantel and around the front door. My BIL is coming on Sunday to help get everything back into the attic, I will be so happy to see it go even though I loved having it out.
    I don't think your computer will just cease to operate even though it is no longer "supported", Joy. At least that is what my tech son told me about mine that is no longer being supported recently. You shouldn't have to rush your decision on a new one.
    I have an in town retreat coming up Thursday through Saturday, need to make sure I have some things ready to sew. Piecing is about all I can do at retreats, sometime getting rows/blocks sewn into flimsies. I am looking forward to seeing friends.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It's dreary outside. Jim called around 8, I was awake, but not out of bed. He found a place where he and Mike can go do Pokemon stuff. I'm like what ever, but Jonathan loves playing. It's one thing I have no desire to learn about.

Not too much planned for today. Christmas stuff is down. Mike wants to take it to the storage shed. I'm like go ahead.

I hope you all have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Microsoft's support for Windows 7 ends Jan. 14. That means one's computer will be more prone to viruses or trojans, since there will be no more support. My virus scan is MS Security Essentials, which is a free program I've used from the beginning. I'm still looking, but haven't found exactly what I want at the price I'm willing to pay. I know some of the new i-phones cost as much or more than a computer does. I'm not interested in a smart phone. I just can't imagine spending that much $ on a phone. But I know they do most anything these days.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post