Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just curious

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just curious

I noticed the e-gift cards yesterday as a daily special and again today. Do you purchase these when they are on special to use later? I got two yesterday, and am contemplating whether I should get more. Last year my two lasted a whole year because I was on a fabric diet.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just curious

I try my best to get as many as I can afford. $40 for $50 is like getting a 20% discount. And when you use it during a sale it's like a double discount. Or you can look at it as 10 orders shipped at only $4 each.

Since I try to go to the Birthday Bash every year I hit the deals I want (like the $1.00 FQ's and Daily Deals) and don't have to pay shipping since I take them home with me. Personally, it's worth it for me.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judy, USMC View Post
    I try my best to get as many as I can afford. $40 for $50 is like getting a 20% discount. And when you use it during a sale it's like a double discount. Or you can look at it as 10 orders shipped at only $4 each.

Since I try to go to the Birthday Bash every year I hit the deals I want (like the $1.00 FQ's and Daily Deals) and don't have to pay shipping since I take them home with me. Personally, it's worth it for me.
    I will never forget being in the Penney's store when you were shopping during the first retreat I attended. You whipped out a long list of numbers and it was all your gift cards!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased a couple last year, to offset the price of their quilting services. I ended up not finishing a quilt of my own, and after a several months used them to purchase fabric, etc. They are a good deal. I just wish we could load them to our accounts instead of having to keep the emails / information until we make a purchase. Don't know if M* changed this?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    I purchased a couple last year, to offset the price of their quilting services. I ended up not finishing a quilt of my own, and after a several months used them to purchase fabric, etc. They are a good deal. I just wish we could load them to our accounts instead of having to keep the emails / information until we make a purchase. Don't know if M* changed this?
    If you go to your Order page under My Account, the numbers are always listed there. I just copy and paste from there when I buy.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

6. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 in my cart right now, but when I tried to add a third, the price was $50 for that one. Is there a limit? I didn't see one, but I could have missed it.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
    I have 2 in my cart right now, but when I tried to add a third, the price was $50 for that one. Is there a limit? I didn't see one, but I could have missed it.
    Yes, the limit is two per day.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up two cards last year and it was a special treat to be able to buy something special and it's already paid for at a reduced rate. This year I again picked up two cards and if they are still available come payday, then I may get another one or two. Happy shopping!!
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I try to get the gift cards when they are on sale.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I have saved them to use toward machine quilting.