Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Secret Santa 2020 is now open

Hi everyone,

Carlie Wolf is taking a well deserved break from moderating our Secret Santa group. I volunteered to help out this year.

So without a whole lot of fanfare, the membership is now opened for Secret Santa 2020.

We had a lot of fun with the Secret Santa 2019 group last year. A lot of happy people received beautiful handmade gifts from their Secret Santa's. Each person made and received 12 gifts at Christmas that were made throughout the year, one a month based on a given theme. We learned new things, challenged our skills in a non-stressful way and got "down and dirty" creative. Plus at the end of the year we get 12 great gifts for Christmas!

This group is a commitment as you are signing on to create 12 gifts during the year. They can be smaller projects so any challenge is not overly difficult. Choose whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. You may also, twice a year, swap out the named theme for one of your own choosing. You may also purchase rather than hand make 3 items during the year.

If you would like to join please "subscribe", "join". Read the Rules in the discussion section and sign. You will receive a questionaire from the moderator that helps her match you up with your Secret Santa recipient.

You have until March 15 to join this Group and then it will be closed. You don't want to wait too long because come June 15 there will be a progress check and 4 gifts need to have been completed :-)

Enjoy!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Monique, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Secret Santa 2020 is now open

Where can I read the rules BEFORE joining, to see if I want to?
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

4. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    Where can I read the rules BEFORE joining, to see if I want to?
    You can red the rules in group section without being a member.

6. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Also if you join by mistake you can just delete yourself too. I think you'll enjoy it I always thought it was a lot of fun and also it helped me to try new things if I wanted

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

8. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for chiming in. I've been busy this afternoon and haven't been on to field questions.
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing these for a number of years now and thoroughly enjoy receiving things I normally wouldn't receive from my family members. I encourage you to give it a try. There are no quilt police you know.

Thank you so very much Katrina for taking this on. I, for one, appreciate it.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

11. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've had fun making gifts for people I know will appreciate handmade items. I'm going to keep the idea of participating for 2020 on the back burner. I'm going to see how the first part of the year goes with my parents health. If things look pretty calm, I'll jump in for the whole enchilada. If not, I can send the things I've made in for the emergency box, or gift to others depending on the theme.

It's a lot of fun!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

13. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I decided a while back to take a break from Secret Santa this year due to feeling over-extended (too many ufo's, Gypsy Wife class, weekly charity sew and joining a guild). I've participated the last 2 years and it's been fun trying new things. I've received such lovely gifts too. So I'll be watching from afar to see what creative projects emerge from the class of 2020.

15. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just took the plunge and signed on for the 2020 Secret Santa Group. I have alwasy been afraid to commit before - afraid I'm just not up to the challenge of a specific project every month. Soooo - I'm probably going to need a bit of encouragement and hand holding, but I'm super excited. I think I can......I think I can.....I think I can........

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol336 View Post
    I just took the plunge and signed on for the 2020 Secret Santa Group. I have alwasy been afraid to commit before - afraid I'm just not up to the challenge of a specific project every month. Soooo - I'm probably going to need a bit of encouragement and hand holding, but I'm super excited. I think I can......I think I can.....I think I can........
    Carol, there are some options that will open up: alternative themes, being able to choose your own theme for a couple of months, and if you find something you just want to purchase as a gift for a month or two, that's Okay, too.

The thing that I did and I found the most helpful to me- when I found something that would work for a monthly theme, I would do it right then. I did not make my gifts in any particular order. lol, In fact, last year I made October's first and then January's. Thankfully, I had not quite half of them done before I broke my wrist.

I found that these are great fun change of pace project to do between quilts!
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou