Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: QUESTION FOR 2020....

Jocelyn, no need for zipper anxiety. Annie Unrein (creator of ByAnnie products and patterns) has a series of video tutorials called "Zippers are EASY!" And they really are, I promise.

https://www.byannie.com/zippers_videos

2. Thanks DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For 2020 I'd like to see my side business take off. I have a huge stash and have been selling the last half of 2019. Bowl cozies seem to be the hot item. I wish I could sew longer! I have a hip issue and hope to be pain free from that as well.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb....I am sorry you suffer from arthritis. My hands also cramp up and I don't hand quilt like I used to.

In the coming year, I have many goals to accomplish with my quilting craft. I would like to organize my small sewing room; getting all my fabrics and purge/organize. Get my UFOs finished (it would probably scare me to know the actual number of them).
    I also would like to try something new. I saw where a former guild I belonged to in Fort Smith, Arkansas had Shannon Brinkley as a guest speaker! WOW...she has a wonderful take on scrappy applique!
    And I would also like to improve my FMQ, plus devote myself into making my Quilts of Valor!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My goal is to do more quilting in 2020. During 2019, I've sorta lost my "sew-jo" and I'd like to get it back.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, I'm so sorry your arthritis is slowing you down! I'm lucky that mine is "only" in my hips, but when it flares there's no comfortable way to sit & sew.

My goal for 2020 is to get more organized with my scraps & finish quilting all these flimsies - I found two baby quilts I made and totalky forgot about when I was looking for something else! I want to keep getting better at FMQ, but I need to actuallyb"Finish My Quilts" to do that, lol

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I want to learn to focus on finishing projects before starting 10 more! I will always have more than one project going just because that's how I roll. I just need to learn to finish some too....I have no earthly idea how many projects I have in different stages of completion.

As far as an actual skill, I want to get my room done and my old (bought third hand) Gracie frame and Janome beast set up and learn how to use it.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSN View Post
    Jocelyn, no need for zipper anxiety. Annie Unrein (creator of ByAnnie products and patterns) has a series of video tutorials called "Zippers are EASY!" And they really are, I promise.

https://www.byannie.com/zippers_videos
    Thanks for the tip. I already watched video 1 of 6. I didnt even know there were different kinds of zippers or that you could cut them shorter. Or that you can sew them with a quarter inch foot if using a handbag zipper.

9. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So many stories and great ideas thanks to Bubby's question.
    I hit the sewing room today with four in mind. Fussy cutting (I hate to waste fabric), prairie points, binding hexigons and getting rid of some of my stash. Here's what I came up with. Color is a bit off in the pic. I'm pleased. I absolutely love binding with the back of the quilt; miters are so easy and accurate. Nice clean look. I used insulbrite and batting which gave it a great solid feel. It's about 16" at it's widest point. Good little table topper...or hot pad.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Topper.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	162007
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I already watched video 1 of 6. I didnt even know there were different kinds of zippers or that you could cut them shorter. Or that you can sew them with a quarter inch foot if using a handbag zipper.
    It was a great revelation to me that you can purchase zippers by the yard and add the zipper pulls yourself. I found this a little tricky the first time, but it worked.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSN View Post
    It was a great revelation to me that you can purchase zippers by the yard and add the zipper pulls yourself. I found this a little tricky the first time, but it worked.
    I know what you mean. I discovered them when I wanted to replace some couch seats. You can even replace a sleeping bag zipper if you really wanted to!

Lorie