Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos!

Good morning friends. I hope you have all had a great Christmas, no matter what you did.

Ours was a fairly quiet one, just hubby and I. We had a wonderful turkey dinner with his sister, brother, sister-in-law and niece (hostesses).

Today we are having a Boxing Day fondue at his sister's. So it has been great not having to cook anything. But wait, our turn will come. Our company will be arriving Sunday. 5 extra people.

Yesterday afternoon, Phil picked up Maizyn and we did a video chat while she opened her gifts. That was fun to watch.

And so that is what my day looks like.

Have a good day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos!

Good morning! Yesterday seemed like a Saturday or Sunday so I have to keep reminding myself that today is Thursday. We had a good Christmas with DH's nieces and nephew and their families. I'm looking forward now to getting back into my routine, however boring it may be...LOL! Laundry is started and I plan to quilt some today.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp, Cathy F thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

The house is pretty much straightened up from yesterday. A good day with nine of us for dinner and four more guests stopped by for dessert, so everyone had a good visit and caught up with each other.

I have a Dr. visit this morning for a test and then the rest of the day is mine to relax. My husband will be figuring out how to install the electronic gifts the kids gifted us, his may or may not be as relaxing, LOL!

Well, time for me to get a move on, wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. Our Christmas was a little challenging -- Mom was not in good form. Moving her to a memory care facility is definitely the right decision! I have an appointment today at the facility to sign a bunch of paperwork. Mom moves in tomorrow! Her furniture will follow on Saturday; the facility will have some temporary furniture set-up for Friday.

My sister was very happy with her quilt! She made the jelly roll race top; M* did the quilting (flip-flops), and I pieced the back and did the binding. I was impressed with M*'s turn-around time. I sent the quilt to M* in October, a good month after the Christmas deadline. They returned it the first week of December. If you're wondering about the beach theme on the back -- she used the "Sand In My Shoes" fabric line for the top.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0508.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	161931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0509.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	161932

Have a wonderful day!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. W had a quiet day yesterday with our kids. My DH cooked the turkey and ham and DS made the sides. I have been feeling crappy with with head cold and cough. I slept 10 hrs last night. I took every Med I could to help control the symptoms while I slept.
    Not much on the agenda for today. I have to do the usual household things . I would like to do some sewing if I feel up to it.
    Juilie C- I really like the colors in your sisters quilt!

Have a great day.
    Beth

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Happy day after Christmas. We had a nice time at dh's brothers' with our neice and nephew and their kids. Lots of yummy food.

Today I am not planning on doing too much of anything. I think I may do some hand stitching on some Farmer's Wife blocks.

Have a relaxing day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yest. DH & I exchanged our cards & took pics of each other by the Christmas tree. DS#2 spent the day with his dau. & gr. kids 90 min. away. He sent several pics. Received (e-mail) a really nice pic of DS#1's family. Krista looked good. Her injured L. cheek was not facing the camera, so I couldn't get a good view of it. Due to their unfinished K remodel, they spent the day at their son's.

After our pic taking yest. I changed clothes & did some house cleaning. Cleaned both bathrooms & did some vacuuming. DH wondered why. "It's Christmas!" Well, I have things that need to be done before Fri. when our gr. dau. comes. I found time in the afternoon to square up a stack of HSTs & begin laying out the blocks on the floor for Jenny's Happy Heart pattern. Not liking what I have so far, so will need to rearrange.

Julie ~ Love the colors of your quilt. I bought several yards of the "Sand in My Shoes" fabrics when they first came out. I think I bought a yd. of almost all the fabrics. I still haven't made anything from them. I used to live on the Oregon coast, so that fabric line really caught my attention. One of these days I'll make some quilts from those fabrics. I do miss the beach, but the Rocky Mountains sort of make up for not being able to visit the ocean. Back in the '60's we rented a house overlooking the beach. I could look out my K. window to see the ocean. We could see ocean liners moving across the edge of the horizon. In the winter months, we could really get some bad storms. However, I don't miss all that rain & cloudy days.

Have a great day.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We had a lovely day yesterday at DS and family's house. My poor DIL had to take DGS to the er on Tue due to leg pain which was diagnosed as a virus in his hip joint, the virus is going away but he had been complaining of pain and that can't be ignored in a 5yo.
    She did a lovely breakfast for us then presents were opened and everyone played. The new bikes were a hit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1123.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	161934 they take lots of concentration.
    We eventually had a nice dinner that was a joint effort. I was concerned about the day but was so relieved with how much fun we had.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1142.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	161935

I have no idea how to rectify the sideways pictures but if you click on them twice you will be able to see them upright.

15. Thanks pcbatiks, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got a call a little bit ago, apparently, to day is going to the shelter day. We'll see if they have anything that looks like it will be appropriate for this grandma.

I guess the tree might need to come down shortly and the Secret Santa gifts put in their place.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

We had Christmas at our house yesterday with our daughter and oldest son and his family. The house always seems to get smaller when the 3 grands are here! It was our DIL's birthday, so we had birthday cake for dessert. Except for Lauren, everyone left by 5:30, so we had a quiet evening. I was in bed by 9:30 and slept for 10 hours. The last couple of weeks of work and Christmas preparation had really worn me out I guess.

Lauren didn't have any vacation days left, so she's working remotely from our house today. She's hoping to get enough done today so she and I can go to Grand Forks tomorrow and shop some sales and go out for a nice lunch. She will leave Saturday morning because she and her roommate have been hired to photograph a wedding, and then they'll head back to Minneapolis. Lauren is a graphic designer, and her roommate is getting her master's in art education, and they both do some photography on the side.

I hope to get in the sewing room today. I have to make a label for Lauren's tree skirt. I had started a set of placemats just before Christmas thinking I could get them done in time.....I must have been a little crazy thinking that! I would like to finish them, and I'd have a jump on next Christmas!

Have a restful few days everyone, before the New Year begins.
    Jeanne

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post