Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday - Christmas Day!

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It will be a low key day here with just DH & me. Later this a.m. we will read the Christmas story from the Bible, have prayer together, & open our cards. We haven't exchanged gifts for many years. Due to his many food intolerances & allergies, DH will eat his usual fare. I will have a Christmas meal with DS & gr. dau. on Sat. at DS's apt.

Last eve. I watched the Mormon Tabernacle Choir special on PBS. There was another concert on after that, but I kept falling asleep!

Yest. afternoon I sewed several more HSTs, working towards the Happy Heart pattern. Squaring up the blocks aggravates my wrist, so I don't do it for very long at a time. I found some Michael Miller fabric in my stash that coordinates perfectly with those Grunge dots fabrics.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Merry Christmas!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday - Christmas Day!

Merry Christmas Joy!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

3. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Nöel, Felice Navidad, happy Hanukkah to all forum members,
    May this day bring peace and joy to all. Retain the good memories in your heart, as I am certain we are all remembering someone near and dear who are no longer with us.

We didn't get new snow, but the lawns are covered, so technically it's a white Christmas. It's not our typical cold weather with blizzard, so travel today will be good for travel. The next few days is a different story - we are getting freezing rain.

There were 10 of us at lunch with mom yesterday. She was really happy to see everyone, but also tires after a few hours. It was nice to catch up with family. When we came home, I made the quilt label for Grand Adventure quilt that I am giving today to a friend. Last evening we went to a GF's place and my DH met my other GF & DH. They moved back from BC this year. He had strokes and health issues a few years ago, and they had no family there, so no support as she is his 24/7 caregiver. She decided they were moving here now so she can be near her son & GKs & friends. We are all going to dinner on NYE.

Today is quiet except for visiting at GF's sister this aft. This is a longtime GF from junior high, and her DH will be 65 and semi-retiring in January. I am sewing on the label for the quilt he will be getting. It's been a hectic 3 days with get togethers with all our kids, GKs and family. Now to relax.

DH & I buy gifts for each other when it's just right throughout the year, so we don't usually exchange at xmas. The boys are enjoying a special treat if tuna.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

5. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas!.. we made empanadas last night for dinner. I guess this a new tradition for us. I also gave the kids their small gifts that I bought for them. Our oldest DD arrived this morning from Seattle. Everyone came down to say hello..now they are back in bed. I just put a pumpkin cheesecake in the Instant Pot for dessert tonight. We will have turkey,ham,and potatoes. We will probably have some left overs for dinner tomorrow.

Have a great day with your family and friends.
    Beth

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone. I didn't do much yesterday but I did have good intentions if that counts. After Les came home from work we went to spend Christmas Eve with Rachel and Eli.

This morning we were up at 6. Our gifts have been opened. Les bought me a beautiful alpaca scarf, mitts and socks. These are supposed to be warmer than wool.

I kept my SS gifts until last and I must say that Gail outdid herself. Beautiful workmanship and beautiful gifts to treasure for a long time.

Buns are rising in the oven as we will be taking these to my sister-in-law's later this afternoon.

Have a blessed day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Last night we have Christmas service at church and then Morgan's family came to my house. There wasn't a lot of soup left over. I have three containers for Nana and Nandy and we'll take it to them this afternoon.

This morning Mike and I went to Jim's for stockings, breakfast with Morgan's family and Christmas. It was grand, but Morgan has to go to work tonight, so we all left fairly early. Mike's full of the kiddos' colds. He was ready to come home anyway. I need to finish cleaning up the kitchen.

My Secret Santa was so sweet! I loved everything! Now to take pictures to get them posted in the group!

Enjoy your day with your family and friends. Think about those who have to work today, first responders, nurses and hospital staff, fire crews, police and armed services.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas!

Yesterday was so pleasant. I quilted all day. That's a miracle in itself. I finished one critter quilt, worked on binding for others. Such a different Christmas Eve for me. I could enjoy that being a new tradition.

Breakfast was French toast and Christmas fruit bake. The fruit can be used as a topper for the toast or a side. I only make it once a year and it is worth the wait.

#1 son is wrapping gifts for me I am about to start quilting again. Enjoy your day everyone! Love to all!
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas wishes to all. Hope everyone had a wonderful day and celebration.

It was a quiet day with DH. Our family dinner was later this afternoon with children and grandson. Easy and simple dinner. Clean up is done and the house is quiet again.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas Joy !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post